Setting questions..help!
[-]
  •
08-23-2015, 02:48 PM,
Setting questions..help!
Hi everyone! I need help !

I'm looking to set my round 7.3x7.49mm AG and I am looking at a used setting that once held a 2.19 ct round stone. Will this be too big??? I've tried googling this but I can't seem to come up with anything. Any advise would be good thanks!Toofunny

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-23-2015, 05:59 PM,
RE: Setting questions..help!
I would ask the seller to provide the measurements of the stone that was removed, and if they had any mods to the setting to make their stone fit. No other way to know for sure unless you take it to a jeweler, as - if it was a natural gemstone or diamond, weight & measurements don't always correspond to each other. Good luck!

[-]
  •
08-23-2015, 07:21 PM,
(08-23-2015, 05:59 PM)SparkleFactor Wrote: I would ask the seller to provide the measurements of the stone that was removed, and if they had any mods to the setting to make their stone fit. No other way to know for sure unless you take it to a jeweler, as - if it was a natural gemstone or diamond, weight & measurements don't always correspond to each other. Good luck!

I agree.

The setting may be too big. A skilled goldsmith may be able to make it work.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
08-23-2015, 07:44 PM,
Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. I've decided to go with a pre-loved blue Nile Petite Nouveau Six Prong that previously held a 7.5mm stone. That's about as close as it gets ?

[-]
  •
08-23-2015, 07:59 PM,
(08-23-2015, 07:44 PM)SarahY Wrote: Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. I've decided to go with a pre-loved blue Nile Petite Nouveau Six Prong that previously held a 7.5mm stone. That's about as close as it gets ?

Yes! That sounds perfect! Can't wait to see it set. Can we see the stone? Popcorn

[-]
  •
08-23-2015, 08:23 PM,
@SarahY I think your stone will fit perfectly!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
08-24-2015, 07:06 AM,
Well it would have been perfect if the seller hadn't backed out after I paid them, and days of communication! I'm so outraged. This listing has been on bistro for a year and suddenly she has a chat with her husband and he's not ok with it. Arrrrg I knew it was too good to be true! Anyone know where I can score some platinum under $500???

[-]
  •
08-24-2015, 08:31 AM,
Here are a couple of settings from a 37th street jeweler who lists settings on ebay. You can also give him a call and tell him what you are looking for too. Really nice guy.

Platinum 6 Prong Tiffany Style for 1.5ct Stone

Don't know if you would be interested but he also has a pretty classic round with tapered baguettes (HW Style) that your stone would probably fit into.

Platinum HW Style

[-]
  •
08-24-2015, 08:58 AM,
Brit you are the sweetest! Small world, I work on 40th maybe I will stop in there this week. Smile I don't usually frequent that area as the diamond district can get pretty rude when dealing with anything other than a diamond.

Funny you mention the HW style, I have one in WG I've been trying to get rid of for ages hehe. It's very pretty but I always thought the head sat too high or too far away from the band if that makes any sense?

Does anyone know what does the "IRID" stamped inside the ring means? I'm assuming its another metal mixed with the platinum to make it more affordable.

[-]
  •
08-24-2015, 09:08 AM,
This is a smidge higher than i should go but oh wow!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Round-Brilliant-...419b4cec91