Poll: Should the band be notched
no notch
notch
[Show Results]

Should I get this band notched? New Picture!
[-]
  •
11-15-2012, 11:55 PM,
Should I get this band notched? New Picture!
I'm having my Chris CZ marquise mounted by Poppyseed , pictures below. Laurie asked me if I wanted to have my band notched so that it would sit flush with the solitaire, what do you think? I won't be able to wear it with another ring if I do that. Would a gap between the band and solitaire look funny with a marquise stone? I love that look in other shapes but can't find any pictures on how it would look with a marquise. Plus I worry about the band spinning and an unattractive notch showing. I just asked Laurie for a picture of the top of the set.
Does the wedding band look thick on top? Maybe it's the angle. Still needs to be polished.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-16-2012, 01:41 AM,
RE: Should I get this band notched?
If it was me, i'd leave the band as-is for a few reasons:

1. I think it actually looks good with the gap
2. It would annoy me that the band would look odd on its own. But this might be ok if you spun the notch to the bottom when worn like this.

1 is a personal thing, and 2 depends on how you'd wear it - either way has pros and cons.

[-]
  •
11-16-2012, 12:15 PM,
I like gaps!! And I don't like notches, lol. So I say just leave it as is. It will not look silly, imo.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-16-2012, 12:28 PM,
I agree with the others. I like gaps. Notches look weird when the band is alone. I'd leave it as is.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-16-2012, 12:36 PM,
I'm not a fan of gaps, but I mean BIG gaps. That's not a big gap at all.

and notched bands or bands that curve to fit e-rings seem kinda stupid to me, because you can't wear them alone ever. Just my opinion.

[-]
  •
11-16-2012, 12:53 PM,
Thanks Ladies----I'm going notchless!!!

[-]
  •
11-16-2012, 07:11 PM,
RE: Should I get this band notched? New Picture!
I got a picture from top down, it's a 1.3mm gap. That looks pretty significant, not sure
if I'm feeling it. The wedding band looks warped and bigger hopefully it's just the angle.

[-]
  •
11-16-2012, 07:37 PM,
yeah, I see what you mean. I hope it is the angle too. The tips look really bulky though. Can they thin those out a little?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-16-2012, 07:49 PM,
(11-16-2012, 07:37 PM)jenncent Wrote: yeah, I see what you mean. I hope it is the angle too. The tips look really bulky though. Can they thin those out a little?

+1 I hope it's the angle too. I'd ask to be sure and keep Documentation to be safe.

[-]
  •
11-16-2012, 07:49 PM,
I still say no notch --- and I think it may just be the light/shadows that are making it look wonky.

and yeah, it's a little prongy. I don't mind the v's. I would see if they could make the prongs on the sides A LOT smaller. The prongs on Bella are like 1/4 the size of those prongs.