Shubach Scroll solitaire.
[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 04:53 PM,
Shubach Scroll solitaire.
Through my research I can't help but notice that a lot of the ladies who had a stone set in the Scroll solitaire ended up selling or switching settings. Could you tell me why? Likes, dislikes?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 05:12 PM,
RE: Shubach Scroll solitaire.
I freaking loved it. It was my favorite one. I sold it because the size stone I got was too big, and I want to have it hand forged. Also, 18k. YUM.

That's one of my favorite rings of all time. Heart

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 05:23 PM,
So it was a reverse shrinkage issue and not a setting one, good to know!! If I recall correctly yours was a ... 8mm? On a size ... 6?

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 05:46 PM,
yup. It was actually a size 7 so it was a little big, which was nice. It flopped around like I was in hollywood. lol. But yes. Really I'm a 7mm ish person. I've played with many sizes, and while I love the LOOK of an 8mm, it doesn't fit my life.

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 05:47 PM,
I loved mine too and I decided that the ballerina was a better match for me. It was a beautiful setting though. I wanted to change gold colors so that was the biggest factor for me

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 05:56 PM,
(09-22-2014, 05:46 PM)stardust Wrote: yup. It was actually a size 7 so it was a little big, which was nice. It flopped around like I was in hollywood. lol. But yes. Really I'm a 7mm ish person. I've played with many sizes, and while I love the LOOK of an 8mm, it doesn't fit my life.

I have lots of ideas without a lot of experience. I just finished stalking through your threads and I got to the one where you did the OEC vs. RB standoff. I love, love, love the leaf ring that you got to play with (I am stalking Idaho's threads now ...) and the difference in size is quite amazing. Do you think it's the miligrained top layer (I don't know the term) of WG that gives that impression? Or do you think it was more the way the leaf prongs laid vs. the scroll? I like it. I was going to ask Beth if we could improvise the Scroll a bit ... I am worried that 7mm will face up small but that 7.5mm big, so maybe that's an addition to add (without miligrain)? Seeing both together, what do you think?

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 05:56 PM,
(09-22-2014, 05:47 PM)HS4S Wrote: I loved mine too and I decided that the ballerina was a better match for me. It was a beautiful setting though. I wanted to change gold colors so that was the biggest factor for me

Was the Ballerina a better fit comfort vs. height wise? Or just all around style?

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 06:14 PM,
I ended up preferring the simplicity of it. Also, the ballerina sits lower and I prefer that.

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 06:18 PM,
I still have my scroll. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 06:26 PM,
(09-22-2014, 06:18 PM)jenncent Wrote: I still have my scroll. Wink

Yay! It's beautiful. I've saved your stacked pictures for inspiration! Do you think it's a piece that can be tweaked to cradle the stone kind of like the DK leaf setting or able to add that circle metal under stone like hers? Too many ideas in my mind, lol.