Silver halo setting?
[-]
  •
08-26-2013, 08:14 PM,
Silver halo setting?
So I found my BFF a really pretty 8x10 oval aquamarine at the gem show, and she wants to set it in a halo with white metal. She doesn't want to spend too much and doesn't mind if the halo is CZ and the metal is silver. Does anyone have a favorite place they'd recommend where she could find a nice setting? She just wants a simple halo.

Thanks!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-26-2013, 10:19 PM,
RE: Silver halo setting?
ebay? like this? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/8x10-oval-semi-mo...5c9&_uhb=1

or stuller has some. You can define the search by silver after you search oval semi mount.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-27-2013, 10:10 AM,
I'll check stuller, thanks!

[-]
  •
08-27-2013, 02:04 PM,
I'm no help, I would go on Ebay too and be stuck. haha

[-]
  •
08-27-2013, 02:10 PM,
Haha I'm a smidge stuck! Found one she likes on Stuller, so that's good.

[-]
  •
08-27-2013, 02:12 PM,
Oh wait, if she isn't set on a halo you could do a bezel with Poppy. I believe it will fit that stone size. Like Michele's http://www.thefacetlounge.com/showthread.php?tid=2038

[-]
  •
08-29-2013, 02:28 PM,
Thanks, OJ! I think she does want a halo, to kind of bring out the blue in the aquamarine (it's on the pale side). Michele's is really pretty though!

I emailed Poppy for quotes for a few different halos that she liked. Stay tuned!

And randomly, we went to see her regular jeweler today to ask about setting options through him, too, and were chatting a bit. We were talking about my lotus ring, and he said he does moissanite! I was excited, I haven't found a local jeweler yet that knows about it/works with it. We talked about it a little and he was actually pretty knowledgeable, so I'm stoked about that. It's nice to have a local go-to person.

[-]
  •
08-29-2013, 02:39 PM,
I would be in heaven!!!!

[-]
  •
08-29-2013, 02:39 PM,
And flat broke btw.

[-]
  •
08-29-2013, 03:06 PM,
(08-29-2013, 02:28 PM)battah Wrote: We were talking about my lotus ring, and he said he does moissanite! I was excited, I haven't found a local jeweler yet that knows about it/works with it.

Jealous. I had a dude here but then he retired and I didn't care for the attitude of the new guy at all. He pooh-poohs Moissy. I tried a few others in town but got the same attitude. It's impossible to work with someone who looks down their nose at you and then does a half-ass job because your stuff "isn't worth the trouble."

Sharp mind, soft belly.