Single stone setting
[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 12:38 PM,
Single stone setting
I think for the sapphire I just purcahsed I am going to go with a single stone setting. SOmething like this:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
---or-----

**I welcome opinions. What do you think sapphires and rose gold look like together?? Anyway, these are my ideas for now, and other options are welcome. This will be my right hand ring, which I plan to get some stackers for too!!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 12:44 PM,
RE: Single stone setting
JbEG made a sapphire rose gold ring and it was not my fav. I like the first SS a lot!!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 12:45 PM,
They are both beautiful!

[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 01:11 PM,
I like both of them also. But I do not like sapphires in RG too much darkness I think.

[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 01:26 PM,
Sapphire in rose gold is very bold. If done right, it has a regal feel to it. If done wrong, it has a costumey feel to it. I would think that if you put yourself in Single Stone's hands, you'll get something sophisticated, as that's their "signature."

What if you make the shank and basket rose gold, but soften the contrast a bit by making the decorative shoulders (the teardrop or the peapod) white gold? The closest I can find for a photo that illustrates this idea is this halo:

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 02:22 PM,
That is a neat ring hadley. I am not a huge halo fan. I wish I was as there are some kick ass halos. I googled sapphires and rose gold and you all are right rose gold doesn't really go with blue sapphires.

[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 02:36 PM,
I think it's a personal preference really, but I love cool colored stones such as blue sapphire in white gold or platinum, and I love warmer colored stones in yellow gold or rose gold.

ETA: Will you have SingleStone make the setting or someone else? Just curious...

[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 03:58 PM,
I am going to get a quote from singlestone. If it is not in the cards then I'll probably ask someone else to make it. I love SingleStone. I am thinking of doing it in unplated white gold. I have a palladium ering and I love it, and I love the warmer patina it gets. On this one, I just want to keep with white gold so stacker bands aren't sooo expensive.

[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 04:01 PM,
Gorgeous Ali!! I say white metal too

[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 05:55 PM,
I guess i'm the odd ball, i like sapphires in rose gold.