Sitting on a stone for 6 months..
[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 12:20 PM,
Sitting on a stone for 6 months..
and now my bottom hurts. Just kidding.

I bought a 7mm oec intending to set it immediately but I didn't get around to it and now I am so confused. Confused about what setting I want. Confused about whether 7mm is too big. I swear I'm going through some weird sort of body dysmorphic thing with my rings/hands because I feel like the 7mm round is too large for my 5.5-6 ring size hand. My fingers are short so it doesn't help matters. My diamond e-ring is .63 or .68 carats and it looks way too teeny tiny on my hand so I thought 7mm would be a nice size but not too overwhelming but now I think I should have gone with 6mm. I cannot be trusted to make jewelry purchases!

If you remember my 7mm cushion ring I have, I often feel like it's too huge for my hands. But other days I feel like it looks mature, established and elegant. Oy!! Some days I want to sell it and other days I adore it and it's my favorite piece.

Sometimes I just want to sell all my e-rings including my diamond ring and buy one set. But then I like variety. And if I had to have only one set it'd need to be an AVC. But I'd definitely need a back up RB three stone for the wall of sparkle, as Lorrissey says. And if I have an AVC and a RB three stone then I'd really need an OEC for good measure. And if I did that, I would deeply regret selling my cushion ring because it's so yummy. Cry

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • moissypaws
02-07-2014, 12:45 PM,
RE: Sitting on a stone for 6 months..
Just cracking up at your first sentence @MrsFloppy ! You are a funny bunny! Smile (No idea about your name but I picture a cute rabbit every time I see MrsFloppy...)

7mm is a great size - not too big! Variety is great!

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 12:52 PM,
I think 7mm is a great size! I do not feel it is too big at all. But it is funny how they change size. Some days I feel like my new ring is the perfect size, big but not crazy. And then other days I feel like it shrunk at least 2mm, and other days it feels ostentatious big... so if you like the size 50% of the time, I would go with it, lol. Since you want variety, have something smaller for other days. That is what I have my oval for. Some days I want huge bling, I will oval it up then. Wink The rest of the time I will wear it happily. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsFloppy's post:
  • moissypaws
02-07-2014, 01:04 PM,
I'm glad you go through this too, Jenn. I don't feel so crazy. Big Grin

Earthdiva - that's so sweet that that is the image my user name conjures up for you so I hate to shatter that, but I picked the user name because it's the name of my husband's little pal, Mr. Floppy. But he's kind of like a rabbit because he likes to burrow.

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • moissypaws
02-07-2014, 01:13 PM,
Crackup Oh my...and to think my mind is usually in the gutter and here I was thinking of cute little bunnies. :too funny: I will now be replacing that mental image with a new one. Blush

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsFloppy's post:
  • moissypaws
02-07-2014, 01:15 PM,
(02-07-2014, 01:13 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: Crackup Oh my...and to think my mind is usually in the gutter and here I was thinking of cute little bunnies. :too funny: I will now be replacing that mental image with a new one. Blush

LOL Nyanya

[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • moissypaws
02-07-2014, 02:40 PM,
I too was lol Crackup at your first line about your bottom hurting! You're funny bunny!
I think your problem is just like the rest of us. Were a fickle, discriminating, obsessive group with our jewelry. Some days we love what we have, some days we want what others have! It's the nature of a hobby I think. Always onto the next best thing.
I think 7mm is perfect. I rock a 8.5 and think some days I could go bigger and some days smaller.
Embrace your inner fickleness and have fun! Set that OEC! You'll love it!

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 08:53 PM,
(02-07-2014, 12:45 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: Just cracking up at your first sentence @MrsFloppy ! You are a funny bunny! Smile (No idea about your name but I picture a cute rabbit every time I see MrsFloppy...)

7mm is a great size - not too big! Variety is great!

I think of a bunny, too Crackup I agree with the ladies, 7mm is a great size!

[-]
  •
02-08-2014, 10:15 AM,
You sound so much like me. A few years ago I bought a diamond semi-mount and let it sit for months without putting a center stone in it. I was unsure of what I wanted and didn't want to rush into just anything. I finally made a decision and it was wrong! I never wore the ring. So, now, I am trying to rectify it by getting an oval canary moissy. This ring has been a work in progress for years. Don't make a wrong decision. If the stone seems too big for you, get a smaller one. With me, if I don't like it immediately, chances are I never will.

[-]
  •
02-08-2014, 03:53 PM,
(02-07-2014, 01:04 PM)MrsFloppy Wrote: Earthdiva - that's so sweet that that is the image my user name conjures up for you so I hate to shatter that, but I picked the user name because it's the name of my husband's little pal, Mr. Floppy. But he's kind of like a rabbit because he likes to burrow.

Hurh

I don't think 7mm is too big. It is a good size. I get what you're saying though, because I go back and forth on sizes as well. I think you should go ahead and set it. Then you will have two rings to choose from depending on how you feel that day wearing bigger or smaller.