So Disappointed!
[-]
  •
11-08-2012, 07:36 PM,
So Disappointed!
I am so annoyed ladies! I have a really pretty 18k white gold mounting that I bought on ebay, I use to have a diamond that was from my MIL set in it. I had that diamond taken out and am hoping to use it for a 3 stone project down the line. Meanwhile I sent the mounting to AD to have set with possibly a 7.5 or 7.0mm asha OEC. However they said the largest stone that this mounting could hold was a 7.0. I was undecided for a while about whether to set a 7.0mm because I was worried about DSS setting in but decided to go for it as I might want to wear this ring when I feel less blingy. While I was thinking about whether or not I wanted to go with the 7.0mm stone AD had my ring and asked if they could photograph it so they could one day replicate it, they would of course give me copies of the photos in case i wanted to list this ring on DB. I said yes sure why not. Well I got my ring back today and there is no stone set in it! I was charged a $35 setting fee plus the price of the stone, plus I waited for Fedex all stinking afternoon not to mention sending to Las Vegas with insurance. I think I may send it to Schubachs for a moissy instead of an asha.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM,
RE: So Disappointed!
WOW!! That is about the worst kind of oversight I can think of. Let's charge you for work and then forget to do it. And to top it off, you can't call them and say "yo, wth? refund my dough immediately."

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • Rusalka
11-08-2012, 08:01 PM,
Welcome to AD/MC. It makes me sad that that's my response, but there it is. Sorry you're having to deal with this, especially after they got a future ring/profit plan from you.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ginger's post:
  • Rusalka
11-08-2012, 09:10 PM,
Those bunch of Homers. Dodgy I swear, I am not sure how they stay in business with some of the things I have seen and also had a bad experience with them myself. I highly doubt they will repay your shipping cost but I am sure they would pay for a shipping label to ship it back to them and they would put the stone in at the very least. Although, I understand why you would rather just have a refund after something so blatant.

[-]
  •
11-08-2012, 09:39 PM,
Doubtful they will refund my cost to ship to them too Ginger. I don't want this ring in their hands again, who knows what my prongs would've looked like. They never sent pictures either. On the grand scheme of things this is an annoyance and something that can be fixed, but I will never do business with them again. I also told them they are not to replicate this ring any longer, let's see if they honor that!
Thanks everyone for your responses!

[-]
  •
11-08-2012, 11:19 PM,
I am so sorry that happened.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 01:02 AM,
They never want to refund shipping or pay for shipping back... I remember when they sent me a ring 1/2 size too big I had to pay for shipping both ways and a "repair" fee.

They said that maybe I had my fingers sized wrong... yep, all the rings I have ever owned were sized 1/2 off.

I can't even believe this happened to you.. like wtf?

[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 01:16 AM,
I know what its like to have a bad BTD vendor experience... Sorry this is happening to you. If you decide to post about it on BTD I hope the back lash isn't bad, its something I wish I had been warned about. Good luck!

[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 01:18 AM,
MissKK you got the worst!!

btd is very cliquey and people gang up on you when you post something negative about a vendor they favor ( even when its true!!!! )

[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 01:21 AM,
Yeah it was bad. To be honest I haven't felt the same about BTD since, especially since this forum came to be! Who needs BTD really, its becoming like PS to me, a place to just look at pictures of pretty or not so pretty rings and things.