So excited! My new brown diamond OMC earrings!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Turks's post:
  • JuBe
08-31-2013, 11:35 AM,
So excited! My new brown diamond OMC earrings!
So I absolutely adore brown diamonds and OMCs. A year ago, I stumbled upon an amazing ebay find and got a light brown OMC (about 1ct) for a steal. It's set in a belcher style yellow gold ring, but I think it would be graded a GIA light brown stone. I decided that I would start a longterm project to create the five stone OMC ring i've been wanting in light brown stones (I will set it in rose gold)! There are not a lot of light brown omc's on the market, let alone matched pairs, so this is really going to be long term! I saw this amazing little pair (.4 and .36cts) and realized - this is the perfect outside pair for my ring!! They are set in dainty little halo studs so I can appreciate them while I wait.

The earrings are sooo sweet, the only problem is they are really not my style (I usually wear 8mm round CZs)

I know these stones are not everyone's cup of tea. They are not perfectly cut, they are old style OMCs with the dark center and large culet. I love the personality of these stones, and I love to contemplate the history of each one - thinking about who has worn and loved these stones they way I do over the past 100+ years!!

There's a video at the end so you can see the sparkles!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
I really love the little tiny diamonds - so sparkly and set really well!

These settings are super comfy - they look bulky in the macro format, but actually they look sooo dainty in person. (also, tiny little pillow tops on these OMCS!)

Look how they match!!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Video: http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/kitty1...e.mp4.html

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • Lorrissey
08-31-2013, 12:07 PM,
RE: So excited! My new brown diamond OMC earrings!
Between the brown and the history, I am all yours, Turks. LOVE.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
08-31-2013, 12:09 PM,
Those are great Turks!!! I also love diamonds in that colour, more actual brown than orange. I think your long term plan is awesome and in the mean time, I would totally wear these earrings. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-31-2013, 12:19 PM,
These are seriously gorgeous!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-31-2013, 12:19 PM,
That's an excellent color match! Those are really gorgeous. I'm not usually a brown girl, but I do love brown diamonds. Just beautiful.

[-]
  •
08-31-2013, 12:27 PM,
@Hadley - we are sparkle soul sisters - so I knew you would love this ring, thanks!!

@Jenn - When the light brown's lack yellow, I think they are soo gorgeous in rose gold. I have a while to figure out what style ring I'll do - it will be either engraved similar to your newest ring or wax carved. Would love to be able to wear it with a blue sapphire band - of course!!

@Kanga - THANK YOU!!!

@Battah - Thanks!! I am totally shocked at the color match, frankly. Online, the little ones looked dark - and they were sold as chocolate! I think that it's pretty incredible how these match. I have NO CLUE how I'll find the last set of .6ct stones!!

[-]
  •
08-31-2013, 01:22 PM,
Beautiful rare stones!!!!! Love!!!!!!!!

[-]
  •
08-31-2013, 02:20 PM,
So beautiful! You always have the most amazing stuff, and different! I love your taste! Can't wait to see the ring that someday comes of these, but in the meantime, what fun to be able to wear the stones!

[-]
  •
08-31-2013, 02:47 PM,
It sounds to me like your ring is meant to be and the last two stones will fall into your lap. I can't wait to see it!

[-]
  •
08-31-2013, 03:06 PM,
HeartHeartHeart