Leaf Ring
Scroll Ring
[Show Results]

So now choose one - Please Vote
[-]
  •
01-29-2013, 07:32 PM,
So now choose one - Please Vote
I have decided to get just one and want your input good or bad on which one. Thank you all so much for your continued dedication to your sparkle sisters. Smile

Both will be 18k RG with 18K WG basket.

Leaf ring with flower basket:

There will be no gaps between the basket and the leaves.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Or one similar to this scroll ring:

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-29-2013, 07:40 PM,
RE: So now choose one - Please Vote
They are both gorgeous Idaho. I have to say that the leaf one is just so much more uniquely delicious. I am not sure which suits your personality more or which fills a better void in your collection though. Without knowing those details I prefer the leaf one because it is like dessert for your eyes on your finger!

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.
[-]
  •
01-29-2013, 08:32 PM,
I am OBSESSED with Wishing's scroll ring, but I still chose leaf. I think it is lovely and had tons of details. Yay Smile

[-]
  •
01-29-2013, 08:50 PM,
I like the leaf one. Smile

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
01-29-2013, 08:56 PM,
My vote is for the leaf one.

[-]
  •
01-29-2013, 08:56 PM,
As others have said, I go weak in the knees at Wishing's and Ginger's scroll settings. But the leaf one is more unique, so ultimately I voted for that. But really, you can't go wrong either way.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM,
Also, for me, I would want to make sure the petal prongs are done very delicately, as to not overwhelm the stone. I think that would be perfect. What size and cut stone will it be Idaho?

You could also add subtle milgrain around the base of the stone like the other one to have a little bit of that element since you love the other ring so much as well. Not sure if that would be mixing too much of a good thing together though.

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.
[-]
  •
01-29-2013, 09:13 PM,
I love the leaf one - also am happy to hear you are going with one. I you can save the money for the second ring for the next style that captures your heart!

[-]
  •
01-29-2013, 10:58 PM,
Thank you all. The leaf one is totally my design and the only thing I got from another design is the basket, but I love the basket design so much. It makes me even more excited about it since you all love it too. I have never designed a piece myself before but had many notes and specific leaf designs from artwork to use. I love the 3D aspect of the leaves. My only problem has been that I have no real life pictures to compare it to as I have seen nothing like it before. My worry has been that it will not turn out as I see it in my head. I am having a hard time translating the CAD to real life. The other ring like Ginger's and Wishing's is just as beautiful but would not be unique to me.

LLL - the basket will look like the top pic below with the milgrain, but with the prong tips folded over the girdle just a bit like the bottom picture. I think they stick up too straight on the first one. I was told that the CAD needed to make the prongs longer so the setter would have more metal to work with. The stone will be the 8mm FB moissanite OEC I just purchased.

[-]
  •
01-29-2013, 11:04 PM,
I LOVE your leaf design Idaho! The other design is gorgeous as well but I love the uniqueness of your design.