So sad
[-]
  •
11-19-2013, 08:10 PM,
Star  So sad
I feel like an idiot. I have not posted because..... frankly, I am not happy with myself. I did something I have never done........I lost my er. I went to pick up trash after my daily run along the coast (not planned in advance, just something I do when I see a need to protect the wildlife) so I put on some gloves from my trunk and picked up trash along the lagoon. Well, when I got home I realized my er was gone and also my outer twist band. I went back immediately and searched. I am guessing when I pulled off the gloves it caught? I think it may have flown and possibly gotten caught in the tide. Idk. I went through the trash and searched EVERYWHERE many times. No luck finding it.Confused I have never lost any jewelry and am not a careless personUndecided. I am working on replacing it, but am just sad and frustrated. I usually leave my rings at home and I forgot that morning. :-(

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-19-2013, 08:15 PM,
RE: So sad
Oh NO! I am so sorry to hear this happened!!!!!!!! And you were doing such a good deed at the time! Bighug That's just the most sickening feeling...I trashed (or lost god knows where) an envelope of cash this week and have been beating myself up over it and it's just cash. Not a beloved ring!!!

I'm so very sorry and hope for a miracle or at least a wonderful replacement for you. Was it insured, by chance?

[-]
  •
11-19-2013, 08:16 PM,
Oh no! Cry

I'm sorry. That is awful. Bighug

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-19-2013, 08:20 PM,
I am so sorry!! Sad I have not lost anything recently, know wood, but I know that sinking feeling.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-19-2013, 08:20 PM,
Oh no! That is awful and I am sure it is an awful feelingBighug

I am a nut about trash close to the water because of the sea turtles and other wildlife. I was so frustrated with the litterers.....that I was not paying attention :-(

I did have insurance. Thank goodness!
(11-19-2013, 08:15 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: Oh NO! I am so sorry to hear this happened!!!!!!!! And you were doing such a good deed at the time! Bighug That's just the most sickening feeling...I trashed (or lost god knows where) an envelope of cash this week and have been beating myself up over it and it's just cash. Not a beloved ring!!!

I'm so very sorry and hope for a miracle or at least a wonderful replacement for you. Was it insured, by chance?

[-]
  •
11-19-2013, 08:25 PM,
I'm sorry this happened, but we can all help with picking your next one with your insurance claim. Smile

[-]
  •
11-19-2013, 08:25 PM,
Ugh this is so sad! I am so sorry this happened to you!!! Good thing that you have insurance on your ring though, but I know the original will always have that special sentiment. Perhaps it was misplaced and may turn up..

[-]
  •
11-19-2013, 08:30 PM,
Thanks. My husband keeps asking how a person throws away an envelope of cash, lol, and I really don't know! I'm not normally one to lose things either, homeschooling...maybe there is something in the air this week. Thank goodness you have insurance but I'm sorry for the headache and bad feelings! Sad

I'm so glad there are people like you out there to protect the wildlife, though. Litter on the beach makes me crazy, too. Our county recently outlawed the use of plastic bags for that very reason so if you don't have a reusable bag at the grocery store, mall, etc. they charge 25 cents for a paper bag.

[-]
  •
11-19-2013, 08:36 PM,
Oh noooo! Much empathy! Thank goodness you have insurance, but this is a horrible thing to have happen. Cry

[-]
  •
11-19-2013, 08:37 PM,
Oh no! I am so sorry. That is just awful...hugs to you and I truly hope they turn up.