So this sucks...
[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 10:41 AM,
So this sucks...
When I originally got into pearls I loved them and wore them everywhere every day. Then I decided to chop off and donate my hair and have only worn my pearls once since and felt super uncomfortable :'(

Now that my hair is shorter I feel like they age me and I look like a news anchor or politicians wife.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Any ideas/tips/tricks/hairstyles/thoughts? I think with my hair up it wouldn't be so bad maybe?

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • stardust
01-02-2014, 10:58 AM,
RE: So this sucks...
You do not look older! I actually love them with your hair like that.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Enkay
01-02-2014, 11:00 AM,
hmmm, I think you look really cute, but I agree, your hair shorter is less whimsical and more mature looking, so combined with the pearls, it is just a lot more conservative than it was before. I think if you want the pearls to have that more carefree look again, maybe hair up in a loose way, or maybe wear them with a more casual outfit, to dress up jeans and Ts etc. When you are wearing them with a dress here, it is super pretty imo, but it is very grown up.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • moissypaws
01-02-2014, 11:02 AM,
First of all, you look like a bombshell, a la Marilyn Monroe! Just gorgeous and I love your hair cut and color. LOVE!!!!! That said, I sort of know what you mean about the shorter hair with pearls...it look slightly more proper or something and less casual than your long, long hair looked.

Hmmm, to me I would just wear lighter colors and less structured clothing, maybe jeans, to give a more casual look. I think it's the dark color of the top with your pearls and hair that is making you look more conservative than you are used to...maybe?

[-] The following 1 user Likes JooJooBee4's post:
  • stardust
01-02-2014, 11:03 AM,
OMG! I love your hair like that sooo beautiful!! You remind me of Marilyn!!!!!!!!!!!!! The volume in your hair is amazing too!! I actually like the pearls as they are, but if you think it looks too 'presidential' I would maybe put in a clip and do half up and half down??

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 11:21 AM,
Thanks ladies I think hair up and more casual clothing should do the trick. We aren't going anywhere today at -41 outside but maybe tomorrow Smile ill snap a pic for opinions.

Thanks for the compliments and understanding my crazy. Love u ladies Big Grin

[-] The following 1 user Likes Pearlescence.co.uk's post:
  • Enkay
01-02-2014, 11:33 AM,
Double the pearls but keep the lengths casual.
I think hair up is more formal and maybe more years (unless you go for two high bunches then you will just look little girl goofy)

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 11:35 AM,
I was thinking of Marilyn too!

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 12:10 PM,
What a great thing to do. I have three family members who donated hair to locks of love. I love your new hair do and yes, you do look like Marilyn Monroe. That is not all bad you know. ;-)

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 03:16 PM,
ROTF!!! Crackup Crackup News anchor or politician's wife! Oh. Em. Gee.!!! Uhm, as others have stated, bombshell Marilyn, perhaps. Big Grin

I love your hair shorter! Looks great on you! I second that casual clothes will help to return to a carefree look. That said, if you *feel* carefree, you will give off a carefree vibe, so rock those pearls however you dress! Maybe layering them will also help to give a more bohemian vibe?! Whatever you choose, you will be smashing in them! Banana