Solitaire ideas
[-]
  •
08-30-2014, 10:22 PM,
Solitaire ideas
I've been MIA for a while but I have a project in the works and I'm back to ask for design help. This ring is hopefully going to be my push present ( a little over 2 more months!!Dood) if I can pull it off that fast.
It is going to feature an ACC, and so far all I know is that I want it to be 18k YG and most likely have double claw prongs, although I'm not opposed to a very thin bezel. I'm wondering if any of you ladies have inspiration pictures saved of interesting baskets/galleries on solitaires that would work for a cushion. I want the solitaire to have pretty/interesting design details that pack a punch since the overall design is so simple. I'm open to all different styles, although this ring will likely be paired with a French cut eternity or a Single Stone-esque eternity and I would like the style to be somewhat cohesive.

Phew, thanks for reading my ramblings, and thanks in advance for any ideas you share!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 03:51 AM,
RE: Solitaire ideas
I am no use to you for resources on pretty galleries, but can I say YUM to the 18ct YG with clawed prongs bit?

I am certain others will be more helpful with your query Smile

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 03:53 AM,
a push present?! Yay! How exciting :-) love claw prongs! Looking forward to see what design you will choose...

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 08:19 AM,
yay, congrats!!!!!!!!! How big is the ACC?? that will help me think. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 09:48 AM,
What about the Beth solitaire?

[-] The following 1 user Likes RSS's post:
  • MicheleZ
08-31-2014, 12:03 PM,
@jenncent I'm debating between a 2.5 and a 1.6 ACC, but am 90%sure I'm going to go for the 1.6. Although it's less coverage for a relatively close price, something about it makes my heart sing...it has a better color and cut, a taller crown, a more cushiony shape, plus it performs better. Plus surprisingly my husband has an opinion for once on jewelry and likes the look of the 1.6 better. The other 10% of me is a size junkie and wants the most finger coverage possible. I don't remember the exact specs but the 1.6 is basically 7mmx6.5mm.

@Turks I like the Beth and was considering it, but want more pizazz from the side.

I drew up some embarrassingly crap sketches of a few ideas I have rattling around in my head so ill post those later!

[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 04:08 PM,
Sounds like a tough choice. Wink When I choose mine I also went with the better colour and smaller stone, fwiw. Wink

Let me search my pics and see what I have saved.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
08-31-2014, 09:10 PM,
I love this woth birth stones. Maybe yours DHs and your new LOs?

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
09-01-2014, 09:00 AM,
I like this too

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
09-01-2014, 09:02 AM,
how do you want this to be different from your other ring? Am I remembering correctly that it had french cuts up the side and an engraved basket?