Some new strands
[-] The following 2 users Like CricketBug's post:
  • Lorrissey, Munster Cat
10-28-2013, 08:22 PM,
Smile  Some new strands
I've been on a bit of a pearl-rampage lately, largely due to, ahem, this TFL Pearl forum! And if not directly due to shared listings, then certainly due to being inspired by them. Angel

I have some iPhone photos of two strands from Lilia's Treasures on Etsy (www.etsy.com/shop/LiliasTreasures). I found the large, chunky strand by idly following a link posted in a thread on TFL. Then, BAM! I was smitten with them and so surprised they were still available! I love these, especially the one that looks like it has li'l feet. LOL! This strand is like iridescent liquid; they're so gorgeous! They have zero blemishes and seem to glow. I love these colors on my skin. LoveLove

The smallest one is about 23.3mm x 17.3mm; the largest is 29mm x 25mm.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

And the second one is also a beauty. I took a quick shot today but they don't show as well in my photos as Lilia's Treasures shots! These are golden rainbow Chinese kasumi-type pearls, at 18". They're 12.5–15mm of glowy beauty. Big Grin Usually, I don't love graduated strands on myself anymore. However, these are irregular in shape and the size is large enough that the graduation isn't noticeable when they're on. If there are blemishes, they aren't readily visible to the unaided eye. The color of these look lovely on my skin IRL.

Here is my photo:

And from the vendor:

This vendor was a delight to deal with, with super-fast communications and excellent customer service. Shipping was fast, too. The pearls came with lovely little silk bags, with zipper and snap. And inside, a wee gift! Really pretty pearl "stretch" bracelets (one for each strand) which will be perfect for stacking, next summer. Big Grin

PS My chin appears to be bright red. IRL it isn't that color! Not sure why my chin looks so colorful and the pearls less so. D'oh!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes CricketBug's post:
  • Lorrissey
10-28-2013, 08:27 PM,
RE: Some new strands
I also just received a package from Pearlescence today and haven't had a chance to take photos of those two strands. One is a ripple white strand that is gorgeous and glowy! The other is an apricot-peachy color with goldleaf effects on it. Both are in the 12–13mm range, and both are 18" long.

I am a happy camper!

Yes, yes, I know that...

Worthless

...and I'll post pictures, etc., in the next couple days.

[-]
  •
10-28-2013, 08:44 PM,
very cool! Love me some ripples-can't wait to see more photos!

[-] The following 2 users Like katbran's post:
  • Lorrissey, stardust
10-28-2013, 08:52 PM,
Wendy from Pearlescence is great to deal with, very reputable and knowledgeable. We spent time together in HK pearl shopping so I know you got some lovely things..she has a great eye and buys the best. Well done ! You have been a busy little shopper !!

[-]
  •
10-28-2013, 09:21 PM,
Beautiful Smile I am such a fan of ripples, they are my fav pearls right now!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-28-2013, 10:05 PM,
Gorgeous! LoveLove

[-]
  •
10-29-2013, 01:59 AM,
Love the colours on those ripples! They look great on you Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes Pearlescence.co.uk's post:
  • Lorrissey
10-29-2013, 02:01 AM,
Glad they arrived safely! Are you sure those totally weird Lilia's freeforms are big enough?
Blushing at Katbran's kind words.

[-]
  •
10-29-2013, 06:52 AM,
I like the ripples! Pretty!!

[-]
  •
10-29-2013, 10:12 AM,
Thanks so much for all the kind words! I do love pearls a LOT! I have a jag o' other strands, as well, that I should-oughta pull out for a photo shoot. Shy A friend (on a trip to Asia) brought me back some wee, gorgeous, natural blue, metallic, Akoyas. They're much smaller than I like and are one of the strands I'm thinking of dismantling for a re-string mash-up.