Something to play with
[-]
  •
10-13-2013, 07:31 AM,
Something to play with
Where do you go when you want to "try before you buy". I really want some new bezel studs, but I'm not sure about size. I don't want to spend a lot of money only to have to resell for half. Any recommendations for sites to check out?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-13-2013, 08:01 AM,
RE: Something to play with
well, Tifffany's has bezel studs...but it's hard to go in there sometimes!

[-]
  •
10-13-2013, 08:43 AM,
berricle.com

[-]
  •
10-13-2013, 09:18 AM,
ah, sorry! I didn't realize you meant buy to try

[-]
  •
10-13-2013, 09:22 AM,
etsy too, can have cute cheapies.

I wish I could play at Tiffany's. lol

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-13-2013, 10:14 AM,
Etsy, eBay or Berricle.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Purdy's post:
  • mrsmay07
10-13-2013, 11:00 AM,
I would love to play at Tiffany's... There was this one time...
True story: about 20 years ago, back when the whole grunge look was the trend (tee shirts and flannels) I was shopping my BFF and her husband. We went into to Tiffany, he pulled me aside to get my opinion on something he wanted to buy for her. They treated us like crap. We were young, I was 19 and he was 21. He got so irritated he asked for a different sales person. Then went on to purchase what I think is called the bubbles necklace (all bezel set diamonds in platinum... You know the one!). At the time they didn't make a matching bracelet so he added a custom order for a matching tennis bracelet. It was straight out of pretty woman minus the prostitute. I was so excited for her, but even more thrilled that I was able to witness the F you (sorry for the language) in person. It just goes to show that you never know who you're dealing with no matter how they're dressed. I'm also happy to say that I got to wear that necklace as my something borrowed for my wedding. Stars

[-]
  •
10-13-2013, 11:04 AM,
Thank you. I didn't think of etsy which I love to use. The other I think I've seen mentioned but didn't know what it was. eBay is another good idea. Thanks!

[-]
  •
10-13-2013, 11:24 AM,
I do Etsy a lot and Berricle as everyone else recommended. Smile

Regarding Tiffany, there's just something about it...the only Tiffany store in Nashville is in the same mall I worked in up until six months ago. A couple of the people who worked there had even worked for my company directly before, so I was friends with or acquainted with most of the staff there. I STILL never really felt comfortable going in there. And on the off chance I went in there on a day where there were people working who didn't know me, I was pretty much always treated badly. So yeah, not a fan of Tiffany myself.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • stardust
10-13-2013, 12:26 PM,
The Tiffany's here is not bad. I was nervous to go in there the first time, but everyone was nice. I think the location can play a part. My city is full of wealthy ranchers and oil tycoons, and most dress like cow boys and drive pick up trucks, so casual attire here does not mean too much.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website