Spacing Opinions?
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 07:58 AM,
Spacing Opinions?
Hi Ladies! Some of you know I have an antique setting. I just received the band I found online, it's an antique piece from 1941, so awesome! So now I like the look of this band with the solitaire setting that I originally had!!! Toofunny So... there would be a space between the two. What do you think? Also... are the prongs too small? (Meaning does the small top of a prong make a stone look like a piece of glass? Sparkletiger help me explain!) Smile Opinions welcome Smile Thanks!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 08:02 AM,
RE: Spacing Opinions?
I'm not sure what the question is, but that set is lovely, dainty and classic!

[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 08:05 AM,
Thank you! Smile I suppose that post was a run on sentence, haha. I'm asking if the space between the 2 rings looks alright? I'll add a picture of the original setting.

(10-06-2013, 08:02 AM)stardust Wrote: I'm not sure what the question is, but that set is lovely, dainty and classic!

[-] The following 2 users Like stardust's post:
  • moissypaws, sparkletiger
10-06-2013, 08:13 AM,
Oh, that's definitely personal preference. I like a little space. I think it's sexy. Wink

[-] The following 1 user Likes sparkletiger's post:
  • moissypaws
10-06-2013, 08:13 AM,
Moissypaws, the space is tiny and very acceptable and OK in my view. Although the two are not totally flush together, as long as the gap is little I think that is fine. Most people I know do not have their weddingband and e ring totally flush. If you wanted that, you would have to make a notch in the band (then in my view the band would look odd when worn on its own). I like the slight mismatch these days, I think it has kind of a whimsical chic about it, as long as it is not a huge "mother of all" gap.
As regards the prongs on the petite Tiffany setting you have in the picture, no they don't make the stone look fake at all. Prongs in 6 prong settings are always smaller than 4 prong settings, as there is more of them to give the stone support, so you can get away with more subtle prongs. They are designed in a way to accentuate the central stone, its round shape and at the same time in my view they give enough protection to the stone.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes sparkletiger's post:
  • moissypaws
10-06-2013, 08:15 AM,
By the way, I love the band, it is gorge!!!

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • moissypaws
10-06-2013, 08:17 AM,
Yeahthat

[-] The following 1 user Likes moissypaws's post:
  • mrsmay07
10-06-2013, 08:18 AM,
Thanks Stardust!!! Sparkletiger thank you!!! I'm going to see the jeweler
today, I think he's going to laugh! Smile Poor guy! Lol

[-] The following 1 user Likes mrsmay07's post:
  • moissypaws
10-06-2013, 08:45 AM,
I love that band so much! I think it looks great with that setting. If you're bothered by the gap, maybe you could get a skinny stacking band to fill the gap.

I have some from this etsy seller, and they're great http://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/114291850...gallery_11

[-] The following 1 user Likes moissypaws's post:
  • mrsmay07
10-06-2013, 09:07 AM,
Thank you so much! I'll check out that link, thanks Smile