Sparkle Broker
[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 04:19 PM,
Sparkle Broker
Do you ladies know of anyone, who is a sparkle broker? I have many things to get rid of, but I don't really want the hassle of trying to sell them myself on DB or LT. What I am selling isn't worth the charges of the normal estate brokers, jbeg, gog, etc. Or would anybody like the opportunity to start such a business? Mostly just need someone to be a middle man, so the seller and buyer don't get scammed. Thanks.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 04:21 PM,
RE: Sparkle Broker
I have never seen anyone do that for anything but fairly expensive pieces. How many are we talking? Is it not worth listing on LT? It's free to do it. If it's precious metal you could even just list for scrap weight.

[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 04:43 PM,
Yep! If you're worried about getting scammed perhaps you can go through eBay at least there is seller protection on there and they track all communication vs on DB or LT! There are a lot of promotions where you can list items for free!

[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 07:17 PM,
I have several loose stones. I honestly don't want to deal with trying to sell the stuff. I just thought that maybe one of the more experienced sellers would like a way to make some money. It would just be nice to have a trusted broker to buy and sell from. KWIM.

[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 04:57 PM,
I've done this for a colleague at work. Helped him buy his wife a 2.5ct diamond and 2cttw earrings... but I did a lot of work to help him find a good diamond at a good price. Anyway, essentially what you described, sort of. But buying not selling.

[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 05:01 PM,
Like on 40 year old virgin I am sure there must be a "i sell your stuff on ebay" store somewhere in the US? lol

[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 05:10 PM,
hahahahaha, I am sure there is!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-22-2014, 05:15 PM,
Haha there used to be places where you could do that here, but I'm not sure if it went out of business! I think a simple yelp search in your location could figure that out. You could bring it to a pawn shop and get payout right then and there!