Sparkle Frenzy - NOW with pics/video!
[-] The following 1 user Likes lucky.b's post:
  • RSS
04-17-2013, 12:56 PM,
Sparkle Frenzy - NOW with pics/video!
** I apparently suck at taking decent photos so I just did longer video. That's more fun anyway, right? Usual disclaimer to ignore my winter hands that look like donkey skin, yada yada. I even used lotion 2 seconds beforehand to no avail Blush **

But wow! I had to at least post because I've not yet had this many different types of stones at one time in the same place! I know this is small potatoes for many of y'all, but it's cool for me! I can try to put up some pics and/or video later if anyone is interested. Also, I apologize in advance for how long this is!

I just got in my 5 5mm Wink OECs that are going into a 5 stone I'm having made as an anniversary ring. I also just received a 7.5 mm Asha RB in the mail, which I originally thought I might use as a pendant stone but now am thinking I will probably have made into a secondary e-ring eventually, just for days when my 10 mm is "too much" or I want a RB.

I already had on hand a 9.5 mm Wink Transitional cut, and a 9 (?) mm BTD Kashmir Round Diamond Cut Sapphire. And I finally got a gemstone holder ring doo-lolly so that I can wear a stone around instead of just waving it around in the little box. That was such a sad method of looking at them!

I don't have my 10 mm Amora Moiss OEC with me as it's off being set right now but I had it for so long that I vividly remember what it looked like!

The little OECs sparkle so amazingly! My eyes are 42 yrs old so I don't know that they capture the facet pattern from far away all that well, but under my recessed lights in my kitchen, these little things just dance and go bonkers. I can't wait to see them set all in a little row next to each other.

Sparkle!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Group Video
Lil Ole OEC alone

The Asha RB sparkles nicely as well, and this is the very first MRB I have ever seen in person of any kind. My e-rings previous to this have been marquise and ovals, so I've not ever played with an RB. I do like the H& A pattern under the loupe, I don't think I would prefer a stone without it for some reason. BUUUUUUUUTTTTTT ...

Man, oh MAN. I luuuuuuuurve this transitional from Wink! It's so gorgeous! It sort of combines the best of the RB and the antique cuts, but leans a bit more towards the RB of course. It gives off broader flashes and throws out more color and less "splintery" looks, yet it has fatty arrows when you tilt the stone just right. Initially I didn't care for this particular cut because I was looking for something more like some of the trannys I've seen over at PS, but the more I've played with it over the past 6 months, the more I've come to enjoy it. I'm wearing it in the stone holder right now and OMG, I am *really* in love right now! No one ever seems to buy this cut that I've seen and I honestly can't remember why I did either, other than I like to have different cuts than everyone else. I think I also thought I was going to get the style like at PS when I picked it as well, but like I said, I'm really enjoying this facet pattern now.

Videos (mute or you have to hear my pre-teen and her friend yapping)
On Hand:
Don't y'all love my poor imitation of the twirly thing?
Group Pic:

The poor lil sapphire, however. Lorrissey said somewhere she thought it wasn't "right" and having never seen another, I have no idea. I *do* know that it seems fairly dark and less sparkly than I'd like, but I'm comparing it to Turk's ring with her sapphire that just seems to glow and sparkle like nothing else. I dunno if I'd like it better in a concave or H&A cut better, or maybe just putting it in the stone holder and wearing it would change my opinion.

Alllll that said, absolutely nothing has the pure bling that my Amora moiss does, at least not in my house. That thing is pure crazy for sparkle and huge flashes of color and everything else. I can't wait to have my own "flashlight".

Just thought I'd share with y'all in my sparkle-fest of the day! It's been so fun looking at all of them and seeing how different they all are from one another!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-17-2013, 01:00 PM,
RE: Sparkle Frenzy - without pics yet
(04-17-2013, 12:56 PM)lucky.b Wrote: But wow! I had to at least post because I've not yet had this many different types of stones at one time in the same place! I know this is small potatoes for many of y'all, but it's cool for me! I can try to put up some pics and/or video later if anyone is interested. Also, I apologize in advance for how long this is!

I just got in my 5 5mm Wink OECs that are going into a 5 stone I'm having made as an anniversary ring. I also just received a 7.5 mm Asha RB in the mail, which I originally thought I might use as a pendant stone but now am thinking I will probably have made into a secondary e-ring eventually, just for days when my 10 mm is "too much" or I want a RB.

I already had on hand a 9.5 mm Wink Transitional cut, and a 9 (?) mm BTD Kashmir Round Diamond Cut Sapphire. And I finally got a gemstone holder ring doo-lolly so that I can wear a stone around instead of just waving it around in the little box. That was such a sad method of looking at them!

I don't have my 10 mm Amora Moiss OEC with me as it's off being set right now but I had it for so long that I vividly remember what it looked like!

The little OECs sparkle so amazingly! My eyes are 42 yrs old so I don't know that they capture the facet pattern from far away all that well, but under my recessed lights in my kitchen, these little things just dance and go bonkers. I can't wait to see them set all in a little row next to each other.

The Asha RB sparkles nicely as well, and this is the very first MRB I have ever seen in person of any kind. My e-rings previous to this have been marquise and ovals, so I've not ever played with an RB. I do like the H& A pattern under the loupe, I don't think I would prefer a stone without it for some reason. BUUUUUUUUTTTTTT ...

Man, oh MAN. I luuuuuuuurve this transitional from Wink! It's so gorgeous! It sort of combines the best of the RB and the antique cuts, but leans a bit more towards the RB of course. It gives off broader flashes and throws out more color and less "splintery" looks, yet it has fatty arrows when you tilt the stone just right. Initially I didn't care for this particular cut because I was looking for something more like some of the trannys I've seen over at PS, but the more I've played with it over the past 6 months, the more I've come to enjoy it. I'm wearing it in the stone holder right now and OMG, I am *really* in love right now! No one ever seems to buy this cut that I've seen and I honestly can't remember why I did either, other than I like to have different cuts than everyone else. I think I also thought I was going to get the style like at PS when I picked it as well, but like I said, I'm really enjoying this facet pattern now.

The poor lil sapphire, however. Lorrissey said somewhere she thought it wasn't "right" and having never seen another, I have no idea. I *do* know that it seems fairly dark and less sparkly than I'd like, but I'm comparing it to Turk's ring with her sapphire that just seems to glow and sparkle like nothing else. I dunno if I'd like it better in a concave or H&A cut better, or maybe just putting it in the stone holder and wearing it would change my opinion.

Alllll that said, absolutely nothing has the pure bling that my Amora moiss does, at least not in my house. That thing is pure crazy for sparkle and huge flashes of color and everything else. I can't wait to have my own "flashlight".

Just thought I'd share with y'all in my sparkle-fest of the day! It's been so fun looking at all of them and seeing how different they all are from one another!

This thread requires pix!!!

[-]
  •
04-17-2013, 01:02 PM,
Worthless

[-]
  •
04-17-2013, 01:05 PM,
OK fine! But my kids are out of school today and it will be hard to get that done without them hogging the show. I have 3 daughters. Don't you know that as soon as they hear the bleep of a camera turning on they automatically go into posing mode? Crackup I have to shove them out of the way and explain why I am photographing my bling and not them!