Spinoff of NYT article thread
[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 11:21 AM,
Spinoff of NYT article thread
Which can be found here: http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Swe...6#pid95796

What piece of jewelry, that you purchased yourself, means the most to you?

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JooJooBee4's post:
  • Enkay
01-18-2014, 11:24 AM,
RE: Spinoff of NYT article thread
I love this! This would be my D&L three stone ring! It means so much to me that I've replace my other everyday rings with this one Smile

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 11:29 AM,
*ahem* Photos to accompany? Angel

(should have said so in the first place. Blush)

[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 12:38 PM,
I love your D&L ring, JJB!

I didn't buy my Ella Bella for my myself, but I contributed with some of my own work money, so that would have to be it for me.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 07:23 PM,
Hmmmm ... what an interesting question!

It's sort of hard for me to reply, in a way ... I got married right out of grad school, which has made it hard for me to think of buying anything "for myself" - my husband is and always has been very big on us thinking of ourselves as a "shared economy." This was hard for me to grasp when I was tenure-track, and it's even harder now that I'm contributing to our household in a small way financially but a big way otherwise. Buuuuuuuuuuuut ... even given that ... the two pieces that I think of as being signifiers of things that I'm really proud of, that I feel like I contributed to primarily, are either my anniversary ring (avatar), or my new big french cut.

The anniversary ring I bought when I was pregnant with my firstborn, and it was a very challenging pregnancy.

The frenchie I spotted a year ago, virtuously passed up, believed sold, spotted again, happily couldn't resist, and hustled to raise the funds for. In their own ways, both signify a certain level of determination for me. I like having little touchstones of achievement. They inspire me to go further the next time around.

[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 07:46 PM,
@Circe and @jenncent I love your rings!

Mine would be my leaf ring set because I put so much effort into designing it myself with only the basket style being inspired by another piece. It is entirely me and although not a fancy pave or intricate ring, still very unique. I just wish I had gone with a bit smaller stone.

[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 07:47 PM,
That is the same with me @Circe. My financial contribution is very slight, so I can't buy myself much, but I put a lot of thought and planning into things, so they hold a lot of meaning for me. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 07:51 PM,
@idahosubaru I am sure you could put a smaller stone in there. They would just need to build up the basket. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 09:11 PM,
I love this idea and all of these! I don't think I have a piece that I've made for myself... Yet. Wink

[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 10:14 PM,
The piece that I am building now will have the most meaning as something I'm doing just for me. It is my statement to myself that I must give myself a little gift after doing so much for the family. My parents, my kids, the DH. It's my time to make myself a ring I have always lusted after. I just hope it works out like I'm dreaming.
My inspiration photo.