Stacking question
[-]
  •
04-03-2013, 09:37 AM,
Stacking question
I'm curious after looking thru tons of pictures (here and on celebrity ring threads) of bands stacked with e-rings. I guess it never occurred to me to go a bit larger with bands so they stack properly, though it makes perfect sense - my bands are all exactly my size, so I can wear them alone and they fit great, but when I stack them my finger gets choked.

So how do you do it? Do you always get stacker bands a bit larger and then just not wear them alone?

And second question, how do you stack them? I've always tried to frame my e-ring with them, but I see lots of photos of ladies stacking them all toward their hand and putting their e-ring on last. So does that mean you size up your e-ring too, or is it nice and snug to keep the stack on?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-03-2013, 09:45 AM,
RE: Stacking question
I always get my rings a half size larger, including my ering. It allows for stacking and the monthly lady swelling Wink plus its not so big that they slip off if I forgo stacking/swelling. I stack mine most of the time behind my ering mainly because that look is most pleasing to me. I do switch it up from time to time. Hadley the stack queen can help you out with this question too. Hers is my most fav stack, she is a stacking pro Big Grin

[-]
  •
04-03-2013, 09:45 AM,
I have a few rings that I like to stack on my right hand. Some are size 8 the others 8.5. Seems to work well for me. That way I don't look too choked but still can wear them alone. Because of the way my fingers are anyway even a ring that is loose settles down into them and looks small Sad

[-]
  •
04-03-2013, 11:02 AM,
I cannot stand tight on my finger. I count in 2mm increments. So one 2mm ring is a 6, like my cupcake... I will not wear a band with it ever. IfI want to wear it as a set of two, 6.5, as long as they are thinnish. If they are 3mm bands or three 2mm bands I would size up to a 7.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-03-2013, 11:11 AM,
I think we need Hadley's expertise here.

[-]
  •
04-03-2013, 12:31 PM,
Haaaadleyyyyyyy!

Now I'm ogling these: http://www.etsy.com/listing/114739827/mi...ome_active

[-]
  •
04-03-2013, 12:39 PM,
LOOOOOVE Heart THEM! They are really pretty.
I wear a 7 1/2- 7 3/4 and buy rings in an 8 because I hate them tight. I buy my stackers in 8.5-9 so I can wear up to 4 maybe 5 if they're skinny enough.

[-]
  •
04-03-2013, 01:04 PM,
Haha! Here I am! But Jenn nailed it above. Although I go with a little less variance than she does. She goes up a 1/2 size for every 2mm, but I go up only a 1/4 size for every 2mm. I think this is really dependent on how your fingers are shaped.

I technically wear a size 6 in a 2mm band, but I'm much more comfortable with the looseness of a 6.5. My cushion/rubies single-only ring is a 6.5.

My stackers start at size 6.75 and go as high as 7.25. So that means they are technically a 1/2-size and a full-size too big for me. I can't wear just one or two of my larger ones alone because they would fall off. This is the rub with stacking -- it gets to be an all or nothing deal.

As long as I always keep a 6.75 in the front, that will keep the larger ones from sliding over my knuckle. Then the ones behind can be way too big so that they are comfortable. If you get yourself an "anchor" for the front, you can have a party behind it. Just remember that when things are that much too big, they will spin like crazy. My anniversary band used to make me NUTS and I'm so happy I went to an eternity.

Another thing that's important is desensitizing. If you've always worn 3mm and you suddenly put on 10mm, it feels awkward even if it is big enough. But as the days go on, your brain gets used to the feeling and you don't notice it anymore. Kind of like if you've ever worn an eternity band. At first the prongs rubbing on your pinky and bird fingers is irritating, but then one day you don't even notice it anymore.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Olivejuice's post:
  • Mamacass77
04-03-2013, 01:14 PM,
(04-03-2013, 01:04 PM)Hadley Wrote: If you get yourself an "anchor" for the front, you can have a party behind it.

This sounds very similar to a mullet: Business in the front, party in the back.

Crackup

[-]
  •
04-03-2013, 01:19 PM,
Mullet-ing rings: check

Anchor band: check

Crazy spinning: check

LOL there's a lot more to this than I thought! I better figure out what I'm doing. I usually wear my wedding band with whatever other arrangement of rings I wear, but it fits just right and is only a smidge big (I could probably do a 4 - 4.25, but my band is a 4.5). So if I'm stacking a bunch of rings, I probably can't wear it with them. Gotcha.

This is complicated.

So if I get this set at some point (LOVE): http://www.etsy.com/listing/114737797/se...ome_active, I should go up about a half size since they're really skinny?