Stacking with my ering, not married yet-stackers arrived!
[-]
  •
04-17-2013, 10:00 PM,
Stacking with my ering, not married yet-stackers arrived!
I need some opinions here before I ask my fiancé how he feels about this. So we've been engaged for 2 years in June. We have no near hint of a wedding date in sight. We are both totally cool with that and we are happy to live together and be engaged. Not only do we live together but we work together. LOTS of togetherness! We are in our 40s. <--(Not sure what that has to do with any of this, but...)

Now that you have the back story, here is my dilemma. I want to stack 2 Berricle eternity rings with my e-ring. I just think I will love how they will look. I do not in any way want to lessen the symbolism of how important wedding vows are, and that has nothing to do with my intention here. For me it would just be more pretty sparkly rings that make my e-ring look even better, imo. I really don't think my fiancé will mind, but I am going to leave this decision up to him. If he doesn't seem completely on board, I will not do it. I have not ordered the rings yet, but I have already picked them out.

I don't want to seem superficial here, but I can't help it, maybe I kind of am because I do LOVE sparklies THAT much. I just want to stack those bad boys on my finger for that WHAM, BAM, WOW, Oh-that's-so-pretty effect for me to look at and lovingly admire my own finger, lol.

I think the 3 rings together will look more like one thick engagement ring band, NOT wedding bands.

I am just pretty torn and don't know if I am thinking like a primadonna with this idea. I really am not like that, but deep down I know I want those rings. Yikes.

I was married and this relationship is far more deep on every level for me. Help me please! What do you guys think about this idea?

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.
Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like jenncent's post:
  • live-love-laugh+sparkle, Mamacass77
04-17-2013, 10:05 PM,
RE: Stacking with my ering, but not married yet
I say go for it!! Life is too short not to be blinged out if you want to be, and you are not breaking the bank with Berricle stackers. Wink Your "fancy" wedding bands would still be more special, so if he is cool with it, stack away and don't look back! Or "wear it like you stole it" as Kenda would say. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-17-2013, 10:18 PM,
Thanks Jenn! I am psyched you feel this way about it. I love that Kenda phrase, lol. That's awesome.

And also once we ever do get married, I will most likely only wear my real wedding band.

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.
[-]
  •
04-17-2013, 11:30 PM,
So then I would just think of it like a wrap for your ering. Not bands so much as just a wider shank on you ring, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-18-2013, 12:52 AM,
I say do what your heart wants. If your fiancé has issues, I would wait, but If not, stack away!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • Lorrissey
04-18-2013, 02:29 AM,
Ultimately it's the two of you, not your jewelry, that defines your relationship. There are lots of people who are happily married who wear no rings because they find them uncomfortable (perfectly ok), and lots of people who cheat on their spouse while they have a big fat wedding ring on (perfectly disgusting). I say that if you have a mature, respectful, and healthy relationship, and you aren't using the symbolism of the rings in a negative or ulterior motives way, then your jewelry choice isn't hurting anyone. Stack away and enjoy every millimeter of it!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
04-18-2013, 06:23 AM,
I agree, who cares. Unconventional all the way!

[-]
  •
04-18-2013, 07:11 AM,
I think you should do whatever makes you and your fiance happy Smile Who cares about the rest. Anyway, in my mind a wedding ring symbolizes commitment, so if you have that already, then go for it!

FWIW, the tradition where my family is from is for an engaged couple to wear their wedding bands on their right ring fingers, then at the wedding they switch over to the left. So you start wearing your wedding band as soon as you get engaged. I've seen some women incorporate an "engagement ring" (as in a diamond ring, not the band) into that by weaing a wedding set on their right hand and switching to the left after marriage.

[-] The following 4 users Like MicheleZ's post:
  • crazeemom28, live-love-laugh+sparkle, Mamacass77, Olivejuice
04-18-2013, 07:18 AM,
Life is short, do what you love. Unless of course, you loving being a serial killer - then do NOT do what you love.

[-]
  •
04-18-2013, 07:53 AM,
Haha, you ladies are a riot!

I agree with everyone else. Wear what you love. It's your finger. Put some rings on it, girlfriend.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.