Steven Kircsh Setting!! ACK!
[-]
  •
03-07-2013, 01:25 PM,
Steven Kircsh Setting!! ACK!
This setting brings me nearly full circle. When I first thought of a new setting, I was in love with the Tacori Dantela settings...which I realized were a bit too 'fussy' for me. I seem to come back to this style in some way or another....

http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/s...r0206.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCbs4Jg5oMw

Though, it does feel very reminiscent of 1 or 2 of LM's settings, no?

Soooo, it's great...I've now narrowed to several solitaires, graduated channel set side stones or a micropave setting. I"m really doing well! I better not look at halo's again, huh? Disagree

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-07-2013, 01:31 PM,
RE: Steven Kircsh Setting!! ACK!
Jcents Cupcake also has this design, and I believe hers was inspired by an LM design

[-]
  •
03-07-2013, 01:46 PM,
(03-07-2013, 01:31 PM)Turks Wrote: Jcents Cupcake also has this design, and I believe hers was inspired by an LM design

Yes, I think so too. I can see why it takes some over a year to come up with a design. sigh.

[-]
  •
03-07-2013, 01:54 PM,
Also similar to Daniel K's "Rosebud":

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM,
(03-07-2013, 01:25 PM)PimpMyRing Wrote: http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/s...r0206.html

Holy Cupcake!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
03-07-2013, 02:34 PM,
Chopard did it first, as far as I can tell. Wink I love it!! Obviously, lol. It is more wearable than mine too, with the pave just on top. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-07-2013, 06:02 PM,
(03-07-2013, 02:34 PM)jenncent Wrote: Chopard did it first, as far as I can tell. Wink I love it!! Obviously, lol. It is more wearable than mine too, with the pave just on top. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You think it is more wearable than cupcake? Honestly, you are one of the reasons I have been keeping away from pave...I keep remembering you saying how you can't wear it everyday. I'm not easy on my rings...but I could learn, yes? Could this be an everyday?

Ok - so, then, here's a personal issue. My sister has a Tiffany Nova (repro) set. Would this be 'different' enough that I won't look like I'm trying to be a twin?

Going back to drool over it again.... heh heh

[-]
  •
03-07-2013, 06:08 PM,
(03-07-2013, 01:54 PM)Lorrissey Wrote: Also similar to Daniel K's "Rosebud":

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Oh wow! That is similar!!

[-]
  •
03-07-2013, 06:57 PM,
Yes, it is the 3 sided pave that makes it more precarious. And the 3/4 melee. I would make it 2/3 melee on the shank to keep it safer. Smile The scalloped basket is also much more flush on the SK, and just one sided, so again, less to whack. Smile

I wouldn't not wear this to clean or do yard work, but I think this is much more everyday wearable than mine.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-07-2013, 07:00 PM,
I think it really depends too... Because Milady wears her JbEG "Lily" ring everyday even though she's been told not to. and to my knowledge she hasn't had too many issues (well other than initially when getting her stone set and the ring worked on).