Stone Sizes and Wink or Chris?
[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 10:40 AM,
Stone Sizes and Wink or Chris?
I am dying for an AVC.. I keep staring at the selection on the Good Old Good site several times a day. I really, really want one but need to wait on spending that kind of money right now. So in the meantime I am thinking of buying a sim to make sure I love the cut in person. To me, it looks like Wink's Cartier and Chriscz's OMC are the closest to an AVC (is that correct?). Which do you recommend? The wink stones are so expensive compared to Chris and I wasn't sure if it's truly worth it but I figured if anyone knew, it'd be you ladies.

Now this is the tricky part. I have a 4 prong tiffany setting made for a 8mm round. Think I can use the setting for the cushion and if so, what size cushion would fit? I was thinking 7.5mm but I'm clueless.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 10:52 AM,
RE: Stone Sizes and Wink or Chris?
In that cut, I would go with Wink. The chris OMCs are pretty, but not like the AVC imo. Wink's Cartier cushions are a closer match. And yes, 7.5mm I think. But Melissa, Wink's assistant will be able to tell you the exact size you should get, and have it custom cut for you.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 11:50 AM,
I love the look of Wink's Cartier cushion cut. What color would you get? Please post pictures when you get it!
Sorry I am clueless as to setting. Good luck!

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 11:57 AM,
Thanks for the idea of emailing Melissa - it never crossed my mind. LOL

Sandeek, I want an I/J color if I can order that. I think that's what his old chinese white used to be but I think he is willing to bake stones so hopefully it's possible. I am really nervous about baking it myself because his stones aren't cheap for cz.

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 01:10 PM,
I do think he can bake them for you. I like the lower colors for that cut! Can't wait to see it!

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 02:38 PM,
The ring in my avi is a 9mm Cartier Cushion and I L.O.V.E. it. So much so that I'll probably have it reset in a non-halo setting. They are truly gorgeous. Like, people stop me and grab my hand gorgeous. Go for it! I actually bought mine on the bistro... keep a look out for a preloved one for a better price!

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 03:14 PM,
@poldies4 Why are you resetting that beauty? It's gorgeous! I'd leave it exactly where it is as it looks right at home Smile

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 03:19 PM,
(01-02-2014, 03:14 PM)Sandeek Wrote: @poldies4 Why are you resetting that beauty? It's gorgeous! I'd leave it exactly where it is as it looks right at home Smile

Welllll... I'm not much of a halo girl. And I feel like I don't wear it as much because it's in the halo setting. It's actually just a SS Berricle setting (the underside of the head is really lovely, too) and I'd like to put it in gold. Maybe in an incredible setting?

I feel like the halo makes it look so huge! I have an unhaloed 9mm cushion that like a feels more comfortable size.

The stone, though - ugh! The stone is gorgeous! If they ever can do a Moissy in this cut I'll be in heaven!!!

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 03:28 PM,
Poldies4 - was your stone heat enhanced? Does it get dirty easily? I really, really, really wish moissanite came in the AVC cut because that would be my first choice. The wink stone is going to end up costing me about $100 with shipping and heat treatment and I keep asking myself if I really want to spend that for a cz because I am constantly washing my hands, putting on lotion, etc. Maybe I'm mistaken but I have this idea that the stone will look dull when dirty and really with children, it's inevitable that it will get dirty.

[-]
  •
01-02-2014, 03:31 PM,
Oh ok, I get that! I want to reset my stone but I don't know what to do...I'm afraid to go too big for my lifestyle also so a halo is out (I have an 8.5mm OEC) and I love bezels but that makes the appearance larger and I also like to see the profile. It's such first world problems haha. But that is a nice setting it's in...berricle? Wow! Did you have it set or did you buy it that way? I'd be nervous it'll get scratched removing it :/
I too have been considering the incredible but I'm not sure how different it'll look and if it makes sense to make such a subtle change...