Stone size for bezel-set earrings?
[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 08:43 PM,
Stone size for bezel-set earrings?
I'm trying to figure out a pair of bezel-set palladium earrings to help with my ear issues. I was initially planning on 6.5mm OECs, but now I'm wondering if that would be huge? I want a pair that I can wear for everyday.

I want to use this setting: http://adwar.com/products/styles/E3465/view

Is 6.5 going to be too big? Anyone have perspective pics of earrings around that size, bezel or not?

Thanks!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 08:47 PM,
RE: Stone size for bezel-set earrings?
Battah...I am getting 6.5 but mine will be in very thin delicate bezels..
so if you choose those,.and still want big...I would say 6mm???

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 08:57 PM,
I have 4.5mm bezels. I love love them

http://thefacetlounge.com/showthread.php?tid=1085

[-] The following 1 user Likes live-love-laugh+sparkle's post:
  • JuBe
05-06-2013, 09:02 PM,
Battah, I don't think you would want my opinion on this, lol. Why can't everyone just wear 8mm+ earrings for every day?! Blush The world would be a prettier, sparklier place! And then they all lived happily ever after. The End.

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.
[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 09:11 PM,
(05-06-2013, 09:02 PM)live-love-laugh+sparkle Wrote: Battah, I don't think you would want my opinion on this, lol. Why can't everyone just wear 8mm+ earrings for every day?! Blush The world would be a prettier, sparklier place! And then they all lived happily ever after. The End.

BananaBananaBananaBananaBanana

[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 09:27 PM,
Go 6.5, Shrinkage will get ya if you don't.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 09:38 PM,
What Jenn said!

[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 10:12 PM,
(05-06-2013, 09:27 PM)jenncent Wrote: Go 6.5, Shrinkage will get ya if you don't.

This hasn't been my experience - i've got 6mm studs and i wished i'd gone smaller. I lust over 5mm bezels, which i reckon would be the sweet spot between "what earrings?" and "omg they are sooooooo not real".

And i have huge ear lobes, lol.

Love the settings you chose!

Will try to round up ear shots for you.

[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 10:42 PM,
My diamond studs were 4.5mm. I thought they were the prefect everyday size, but I have teeny tiny ears so size is all relative, I guess!

I would do 6mm at the absolute most with that style bezel, but if you want them flashy so whatever size you want!

[-]
  •
05-07-2013, 07:50 AM,
You ladies crack me up! Haha I would love to wear 8mm honkers in my ears every day, but that might be a bit much LOL.

I'm thinking maybe 6mm might be the right size. Though when I look at JuBe's pics (I saw them in your listing on the buy my stuff board!), those look pretty big, so with a bezel they'd be even bigger. Super pretty! I have kinda big ear lobes LOL, so maybe that would be a good size for me. I don't want them to be obviously "fake" (though I still tell people about moissanite all the time and am not trying to pass them off as diamonds). Plus this bezel style is a bit blingy anyway, so I don't want to go too nuts with the center stone. I like how it's pretty from the sides, boring sides on bezels are a pet peeve of mine, but with a bigger stone the bezel tube has to be kind of long to fit it.

Lorrissey, I love the look of yours! But you have more delicate earlobes than me, so I'm guessing I'd need to go a little bigger. But that's kind of the size look I'm going for.