Swapping from ACC to Moissanite (non enhanced)
[-]
  •
05-07-2013, 06:16 AM,
Swapping from ACC to Moissanite (non enhanced)
Hey Ladies,

Do you think people will notice if I switch the cushion in my legacy from my I/J ACC to a non-enhanced moissy? My centre is 7mm.

Or should I play it safe and just switch it out to a modern Asha?

Once the switch is made its going to be permanent so I am a bit nervous.

I just got a quote back on having the work done and it is actually quite reasonable so now I have to decide which way to go (its a bezel).

I like the ACC outside and in shop lighting, but in my house lighting its just dead, always flat and blah... I think it could be the bezel? Anyhow its easier to swap the stone than the house Tongue

I have been thinking about a moissy, I am usually a pretty big asha girl, but I like that Moissy wont scratch and heat can be used around the stone, but I am worried people will notice my ring colour went down and the sparkle went up lol.

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MoreSparkles!'s post:
  • JuBe
05-07-2013, 06:35 AM,
RE: Swapping from ACC to Moissanite (non enhanced)
I went from a temp RB cz to a moissy OEC, no one noticed. Just say you had that sucker cleaned Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes JooJooBee4's post:
  • MicheleZ
05-07-2013, 06:52 AM,
Unless you're friends with people that carefully examine your ring, I don't think that they will notice except that it's extra sparkly! I would do what makes you happy and go with what you want!!

[-]
  •
05-07-2013, 07:49 AM,
I think my bestie looks at it a bit. She upgraded her ring after seeing mine and has always loved mine. She is a diamond snob though so I never let her in on the secret that its an Asha. I had spoken about potential alternatives a coulple of years before getting engaged and she had been a bit closed minded about it.

But then again I really like hers but I would probably not notice if hers suddenly changes from an J to a L or M I guess...?

The sparkle if she noticed I would just say I cleaned it lol. Its the colour that has me a bit concerned.

I could just shrug it off I guess Smile

[-]
  •
05-07-2013, 07:50 AM,
I dont wear my e-ring as much as I should because I am not in love with the ACC Confused

Does anyone have any photos of an unenhanced cushion in a white metal halo I can check out?

[-]
  •
05-07-2013, 07:58 AM,
I don't have pics but I CAN tell you that the only time I really notice much color in my pear shaped moissy is in the car. People have thought it was a diamond whenever I show them. Even my diamond snob sister. Mine isn't a honker by any means. It's a 7x5 which puts it at about .75ct for the center stone. I really don't feel like it's embarrassing or even noticeable. Especially since most diamonds are anywhere from h-L color

[-]
  •
05-07-2013, 09:24 AM,
No one will notice hun!! Do it!!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-07-2013, 10:10 AM,
Is there a reason you want unenhanced over an FB? There have been some spectacular FB cushions out lately. Though, there have also been spectacular, and white facing up unenhanced too! It seems that the consensus is Beth, at Shubachs, is the guru of picking whitest, non-funky moissies. I do believe she has successfully converted a few die-hard of Asha fans. Wink

[-]
  •
05-07-2013, 10:43 AM,
I kinda think you should do an FB too, but I don't think anyone will notice the swap. I would just say you did a deep clean too. LOL

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes crazeemom28's post:
  • MicheleZ
05-07-2013, 11:17 AM,
I haven't seen a FB to be honest, but I do have my 8.5mm unenhanced cushion and while it does have some warmth in certain lighting most of the time it faces up pretty white. I don't think that you would have a problem switching it out colorwise. I would be more concerned about the cut difference between modern and chunky. However that said..I also have a CW cartier cushion from wink (I/J) color and most people did not realize the difference in cut between the two of them.

I think you would be fine switching it out and I would just say you had it professionally cleaned. I think you will be much happier with the sparkle and depth of the moissy. I love my CW Cartier cushion....but you are right there are a lot of times that it just looks dead and almost plasticy. I don't like that about it. I think you will be really happy with the depth of the moissy.

Here is a couple of pictures of my Moissy (Unenhanced)
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!