Sympathy Necklace
[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 05:52 PM,
Sympathy Necklace
My best friends mom passed away last night after a sudden, unexpected, illness. I wanted to get her something special instead of flowers and thought that a necklace might be nice. Found this one on Etsy and was thinking of getting it with the pearl and having her mom's first initial stamped on the charm. What do you guys think of it? Do you have any other suggestions of a personal gift that might be nice? I also thought about doing a small gift basket with the necklace, some bath bombs, a card and a gift card to someplace that delivers food as well.

Etsy Necklace

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 05:58 PM,
RE: Sympathy Necklace
I think it is lovely. I also think the gift basket concept is sweet and thoughtful.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 06:04 PM,
How sweet of you! I would do a gift basket too!!!! Love the necklace idea!

[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 06:15 PM,
I think that is a wonderful idea. Maybe put some of her fav things in the basket, like her fav tea, magazine, lip gloss etc. Just small things make her feel good to use....

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 06:44 PM,
That's so pretty and very thoughtful.

[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 07:53 PM,
I'm loving all the suggestions. I'm so blown away by how thoughtful your sympathy gift is, SB. You're putting so much thought, effort and money into it.. I don't see a lot of people that go to much of any extent to reach out toward others (even their own friends) so I just wanted to tell you how awesome you are.

[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 07:56 PM,
^yeah that.

you are awesome. hugs to you!

[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 08:15 PM,
(03-12-2014, 07:53 PM)MrsFloppy Wrote: I'm loving all the suggestions. I'm so blown away by how thoughtful your sympathy gift is, SB. You're putting so much thought, effort and money into it.. I don't see a lot of people that go to much of any extent to reach out toward others (even their own friends) so I just wanted to tell you how awesome you are.

Awww, thank you Heart It still hasn't sunk into my head and I walk by her mom's office and keep thinking that she will be right there to say hi to Sad I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through right now.

[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 08:22 PM,
I like all of the ideas added here so far. The necklace is so pretty. It is very thoughtful of you to do this for a friend.

[-]
  •
03-13-2014, 11:10 AM,
(03-12-2014, 08:15 PM)Sparkly Blonde Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 07:53 PM)MrsFloppy Wrote: I'm loving all the suggestions. I'm so blown away by how thoughtful your sympathy gift is, SB. You're putting so much thought, effort and money into it.. I don't see a lot of people that go to much of any extent to reach out toward others (even their own friends) so I just wanted to tell you how awesome you are.

Awww, thank you Heart It still hasn't sunk into my head and I walk by her mom's office and keep thinking that she will be right there to say hi to Sad I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through right now.

I can't imagine that death is ever easy but having someone like you that is so empathetic and genuinely cares so much can help ease some of her gain. I'm sorry you're both going through this. Sad