Taking my Amora OEC stone and making it into a necklace...
[-]
  •
03-30-2014, 07:52 PM,
Taking my Amora OEC stone and making it into a necklace...
Hi ladies...

Ok, so I have a gorgeous OEC ring, that I had bought from MoCo. It was one of their last Amora enhanced stones in the OEC. Its 8.5mm in size.

I have it listed on the bistro....have had sooooo many offers and interests in it....but people really want to low ball me. I am taking it as a sign I am not suppose to sell it at all.

I am now thinking of creating a "diamond by the yard" Tiffany inspired white gold necklace, and set the OEC as the center star! I also would like to have an extender style so I can wear it longer or much closer to the neck.

I will work with Schubbies for certain.

Does anyone have any, or had one made, and can show off their pieces???

Thanks!!!

P.S. I don't really want to bezel the stone....so how would they set it? and what type of moissies do they use for the "diamonds"? rb stones?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-30-2014, 08:43 PM,
RE: Taking my Amora OEC stone and making it into a necklace...
I think you can prong set them, but you will have to work it somehow so they do not flip over on you. For the small ones, it depends on the size. If you want 3mm or over, you can use small OECs. If you want smaller, you can use rb moissy. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-30-2014, 10:20 PM,
That is so weird, you would think that since the OEC stones are no longer being cut, people would be willing to pay fair value for them? Anyway, I agree, the Universe is telling you to do something amazing with it, and I very much like your idea!

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 12:22 PM,
I agree Cassie. This is a very very pretty stone. I have checked it in all sorts of lighting. There is a nice warmth glowy tone to it....but, in good lighting, it is quite white. The only time I see a funkier color is on a dull day in my car. But, its not bad.

However for a ring, I have discovered I am a cushion girl all the way. Just love them so much.

I love your idea Jen. I was thinking maybe 4 stones placed appropriately along the chain. I am not wanting it too long, but it would be nice to have the option to wear it a few different lengths. I would love claw prongs too! delicious!

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 12:24 PM,
Jenn....what would you do for the stones? how many for the twinkling Tiffany look? and what stones?

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 01:02 PM,
I would have a lot more stones, like 12 or something, and have them all the way around. Have you looked at PS? I know there are some there. I would do at least 2mm, but as large as I could afford. or varied sizes, like 1mm, 2mm and 3mm all the way around.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 01:50 PM,
thanks Jenn. I like the way you think. I will have to swing over there and take a peek. Wink

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 04:02 PM,
This will be lovely!!

And I actually dont think its too weird that is has not sold...because you can still get the OEC's for a bangin price from Oren.

I bet if you sold the stone separately...it would be GONE!!

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 05:25 PM,
(03-31-2014, 04:02 PM)kangaroocrazy Wrote: This will be lovely!!

And I actually dont think its too weird that is has not sold...because you can still get the OEC's for a bangin price from Oren.

I bet if you sold the stone separately...it would be GONE!!

+1. If it had been available without the ring, I'd have bought it already. Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • JuBe
03-31-2014, 05:33 PM,
here is a nice one. Bezels, I know, but it looks great on.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-...86742.html

Joseph Schubach Jewelers