Tell me what you think
[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 11:49 PM,
Tell me what you think
So this is one of the rings I am thinking of selling. It is natural rubies and diamonds, 14k yg and wg, but I don't have any idea of the carat weight. It was custom made for me when I was in high school and I haven't worn it in at least 25 years. I have no idea how much to ask for it, thinking $350-$450? It is truly unique and had a meaning when made - this was the ranch brand for our horse and cattle ranch. It carries no sentiment for me at all anymore.

I would say it would be expensive to recreate and maybe someone whose name begins with K might like it. Dunno. It is a size 6.5 and I have not taken it to a jeweler to get cleaned. It seems pretty dirty but it is a pretty ring.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 11:50 PM,
RE: Tell me what you think
Lordy those pics are huge. Is that ok?

[-]
  •
12-22-2012, 12:01 AM,
Bigger the better I always say! How cute, I really like it. Smile

[-]
  •
12-22-2012, 12:10 PM,
I would look at stuff on the bistro and on loupe troop, to get an idea. For example, this platinum and diamond band is just $475. I have a feeling you would get less than you are wanting. If there is no sentimentality at all, then at least it is cash in hand.

http://loupetroop.com/listings/bands/ant...sz-7-dot-5

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-22-2012, 02:29 PM,
So by less do you mean $250? $200? If it is lower than that I might as well keep it. I was thinking someone may purchase it for the uniqueness that may have a meaning to them. If we go just by the value of the stones and gold then it is not much I would imagine.

[-]
  •
12-22-2012, 02:40 PM,
I would price it for what you would take. I think it would probably sell for $150-$200, but you can ask for whatever you want and see Smile The worst thing that will happen is no offers. Stuff seems to sit on the bistro a lot now. I am not sure if it is the time of year or what, but a lot of stuff is priced to sell, and not moving.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-22-2012, 07:38 PM,
I noticed that too, Jenn. There is a lot of stuff on DB that's been there awhile. I agree you should list it for what you want to get for it. Maybe put a best offer option and see what people offer.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 01:36 AM,
Oh my gosh! Are you still selling this? My birthstone is ruby and my name starts with a K Big Grin

[-]
  •
12-26-2012, 09:23 AM,
(12-26-2012, 01:36 AM)Sparkly Blonde Wrote: Oh my gosh! Are you still selling this? My birthstone is ruby and my name starts with a K Big Grin

I think I am going to. I was going to take it in and have it checked and cleaned since I have not worn it in so long.