The New AG
[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 09:25 AM,
The New AG
Have you been reading about the Ultra AG? Supposedly a better cut to maximize the fire and brilliance of the stone. That speaks volumes about the original AG. I surmise they got complaints and tried to fix it. Now what happens with everyone who bought the AG? Do they get an upgrade? I'm sure many had to move heaven and earth to get that stone to its destination. Is a replacement even a possibility? My DH always said he would never buy the first year of a new model of a car because they have to work out all the kinks. Seems to be true here as well.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 09:31 AM,
RE: The New AG
This - exactly.

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 09:48 AM,
I think this is the risk that someone would take would purchase a new product, but as far as the complaints I think it would be best for buyers to take it up directly with the vendor.

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 10:12 AM,
Yup, I agree with your DH @Barlan ! There are always kinks to work out in the beginning of production. I will say I do think it's a positive thing that they are taking customer suggestions/complaints and attempting to improve their product.

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 10:38 AM,
@Barlan - I thought the new cut was to maximise fire? BTD did receive Los of questions re how come there did not seem to be 2X more fire than diamond. I'm perfectly happy with my AG (I like the brilliance it shows and would prefer that over rainbow fire) however what if I wasn't? I'm sure lots of people are going to want the upgraded model having purchased the original.
I must admit I'm curious to compare the newer model to mine.
Will be interesting to see how they deal with a backlash (if there is one)

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 10:57 AM,
Oh I just saw the update on the BTD forum! I do like my AG, but if the new ultra H&A cut is better everything then what do we do with our old AGs? Bah!

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 11:03 AM,
I think that what they marketed in terms of AG from the start has not yet been achieved with the first release. From that point of view it was very clever test marketing. It is unclear at the moment what this new cut is going to be like. If it is indeed superior in terms of performance, then those who purchased those first AGs should be given the chance to upgrade IMO. If I was buying the "Ultimate Gem", but now it wasn't the "ultimate" , rather this new cut one is going to be the "ultimate", I would be wanting to get what I paid for - the "Ultimate". That is providing the new cut has it all worked out and there is nothing else that needs to be worked upon.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • sparkletiger
02-07-2014, 11:11 AM,
@ST - I know you feel my pain. I'm emailing them tomorrow. Whatever happens, I will have to pay international shipping/ customs costs AGAIN even if they let us upgrade.
I like my original AG, but I can't help but feel ripped off still!

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 11:14 AM,
(02-07-2014, 11:11 AM)Becleeham Wrote: @ST - I know you feel my pain. I'm emailing them tomorrow. Whatever happens, I will have to pay international shipping/ customs costs AGAIN even if they let us upgrade

I do and I am right behind you with this. Supporting you all the way. Keep us updated re outcome .

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 11:21 AM,
(02-07-2014, 11:14 AM)sparkletiger Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 11:11 AM)Becleeham Wrote: @ST - I know you feel my pain. I'm emailing them tomorrow. Whatever happens, I will have to pay international shipping/ customs costs AGAIN even if they let us upgrade

I do and I am right behind you with this. Supporting you all the way. Keep us updated re outcome .

+1 and best of luck @Becleeham !