Third time is the charm!
[-]
  •
07-16-2014, 06:55 PM,
Third time is the charm!
Finally home from my business trip and so happy to see my new sapphire, and I LOVE it! Banana

I bought Xiriah's umba sapphire that was listed on PS & LT. It's a 1.45ct, 6.4 mm untreated, cushion cut, and it's beautiful! Great color & saturation. It has a slight tilt window, but not near as bad as the OEC sapphire. I bought the stone only, as I knew I would want to do more than keep it in a solitaire setting.

I am too tired to go out and take a bunch of pics of it in various lighting right now, but do have a few pics of it to share. There are pics on her LT posting as well. It is a pretty, vibrant blue that shifts slightly to purple in some lighting.

Flying solo ...
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

And with a pair of 5mm champagne diamonds I nabbed on ebay ... I am REALLY liking how this looks. Reminds me a bit of @Turks 's ring.

And with a pair of moissy OECs ... just to get an idea of which color I would like better.

I am so thrilled with it! It's a keeper! Jumping

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-16-2014, 07:30 PM,
RE: Third time is the charm!
OOOOOOOOhhh, I love it with the champagne. I think it looks gorgeous.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
07-16-2014, 07:32 PM,
Gorgeous! I personally like it better with the moissys. But either combination is phenomenal. That blue is truly stunning! Have fun with it! Congrats!

[-]
  •
07-16-2014, 07:33 PM,
Thx @OoohShiny ... Both the sapphire & champagnes aren't quite as dark as these pics show, but the really do look quite lovely together. Heart

ETA: maybe tomorrow morning I will take me all out and get some daylight pics of both options to see them better.

[-]
  •
07-16-2014, 07:42 PM,
Pretty pretty!!! I love the coloring!!!!

[-]
  •
07-16-2014, 07:53 PM,
Very pretty! I love both combinations! What color gold are you thinking...that might help you decide what sidestones!

[-]
  •
07-16-2014, 07:58 PM,
Oh wow I LOVE it with those champagne diamonds! I can't wait to see the finished product.. but feel free to snap more pics of the trio Tongue

[-]
  •
07-16-2014, 08:31 PM,
(07-16-2014, 07:53 PM)Turks Wrote: Very pretty! I love both combinations! What color gold are you thinking...that might help you decide what sidestones!

I have absolutely NO idea! LOL

Can you pretty please post a pic of yours so I can see what one option might look like?

[-]
  •
07-16-2014, 08:32 PM,
Such a pretty sapphire!!!!! I love both the champagne and moissy sides with it!

[-]
  •
07-17-2014, 05:00 AM,
Oh, yeah! This one is a beautiful color! Both colors of side stones look lovely—such a delicious decision! Banana