Thoughts, Opinions, Suggestions?
[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 02:04 PM,
Thoughts, Opinions, Suggestions?
My wedding band is quite similar to this...7-8pts per stone. My bars are slightly roundy (new word of the day). I'm contemplating a new e-ring and I wonder if my band style limits (aesthetically) the certain e-ring style setting I could choose - especially where designs that include sidestones are concerned. Just curious what thoughts are out there since I don't see this 'style' of band often. I don't like to be 'matchy' and I wouldn't want bar set stones in the e-ring. Is there anything you might avoid?

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

A few other tidbits: My original ring had baguettes - an 'ok' look?. My current is a solitaire. I'm certainly open to a simple solitaire (my current is just not my fave style solitaire).

Also, a reply that states I need to create another wedding band is also perfectly acceptable.Toofunny My current has to be dipped as it is yellow gold and I prefer white metals on my skin tone. I would still like to keep it in rotation, though, so I would love to hear any thoughts on this.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 02:19 PM,
RE: Thoughts, Opinions, Suggestions?
What kind of solitaire do you have now? I like a plain Tiffany repro and it goes with all types of bands. Narrow cathedrals are nice too.

[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 02:20 PM,
Are you opposed to a semi-bezel solitaire?

Maybe even an etoile type 3-stone?

Did you have a preference for size of stone?

[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 02:22 PM,
I think a simple cathedral with a non domed shank would work well. The shank shape could match the bar shape in the band.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 06:59 PM,
(03-01-2013, 02:19 PM)idahojeep Wrote: What kind of solitaire do you have now? I like a plain Tiffany repro and it goes with all types of bands. Narrow cathedrals are nice too.

My current solitaire is sorta like this one:

It's fine...but the band is a bit thick for me (dh picked it out). I'd like a thinner shank (I have short fingers). Yes, my wedding band is quite a bit thinner. Confused

I should have added, I'm drawn to vintage styles. I feel like I'm missing a bit of bling which is why I mentioned my original ring with baguettes. I didn't communicate that very well. Sorry. That said, I've also been drawn to the classic fluidity of the Vatche U113. I think that shank would go better with my wedding band, right?

[-] The following 1 user Likes MicheleZ's post:
  • Lorrissey
03-01-2013, 07:07 PM,
(03-01-2013, 02:20 PM)Lorrissey Wrote: Are you opposed to a semi-bezel solitaire?

That's sexy......

[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 07:08 PM,
I love that Vatche and think it would look nice with your band.

[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 07:13 PM,
(03-01-2013, 02:20 PM)Lorrissey Wrote: Are you opposed to a semi-bezel solitaire?

I do like a classic solitaire. I really like a 'honker', classic solitaire... That said, I don't think "I" could do bigger than 7.5mm-8mm. I have short stubs, for fingers...anything bigger could look 'ringpop' on me? I think this also adds to my desire for more sparkle in the setting...cuz I would have a 'smaller' centre. I should have said, I'm considering an FB OEC for my centre. Another tidbit that would have been useful, hey?Blush

I 'think' I want some extra bling-age in the setting BUT if I go this route, I worry that sidestones etc. could 'clash' with the style of my wedding band. Enter your suggestion for the etoile, yes? I had honestly never considered this style. I'm not sure it's 'me'...but it actually would look pretty great with my band. Maybe not with the OEC...

Also, since I have recognized the etoile as a good fit with my band....perhaps, I've also realized that my band might not be great with a vintage style? Sort of think-talking here....

[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 07:18 PM,
When I saw your band, I immediately thought that would look AWESOME with the etoile 3-stone.

But if you want a classic solitaire, then I like poppyseed's "incredible solitaire". and I think it would look fantastic with your band. I'm convinced it would look fantastic with just about any band.

[-]
  •
03-01-2013, 07:20 PM,
(03-01-2013, 02:22 PM)jenncent Wrote: I think a simple cathedral with a non domed shank would work well. The shank shape could match the bar shape in the band.

Examples, pretty please? Oh - I think I get it. My wedding band has sharper edges, yes? Actually, after 16 years, they've worn more round. lol. I see your point...I prefer rounded though. Just say it...I need a new wedding band too. lol.