Thoughts on a curved band
[-]
  •
01-20-2013, 02:59 PM,
Thoughts on a curved band
I am interested to find out what you all think of a curved band next to an ering if it is designed for that ring? Do you have ones like I am asking about? If so please post a pic. Or a pic of ones you've seen. Do you think soldering them together would be necessary?

I think I really don't like a gap between rings and would be interested in ideas or thoughts. The shanks will not have stones in them.

Thanks!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-20-2013, 03:28 PM,
RE: Thoughts on a curved band
My fingers are a funny shape. I have big knuckles but thinner fingers either side. If I got a curved band it wouldn't stay in the right place so I would need to solder them together. What are your fingers like? Would the rings slide around or stay in place?

[-]
  •
01-20-2013, 03:45 PM,
I like gaps and not curved bands, lol, so I am no help... Smile I hope someone has pics though!! Maybe some pics will change my mind. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-20-2013, 03:47 PM,
I think the amount of time that the notched band is out of place really depends on the person, like Shelley said.

I wear everything at least a half size bigger than my official size because I go nuts-o if I can feel my rings. I would *need* the rings soldered. Like even to last five minutes. I'm SO happy I replaced my anniversary band with an eternity because I had to right the anniversary band every 10-15 minutes.

A few members here talk about having "sticky skin," where even if their rings are a little big they still don't ever spin. If you're one of them, it maybe wouldn't be an issue?

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-20-2013, 03:53 PM,
My partial eternities spin on me all the time! I hate it. Even the reset from Joyce drives me crazy. I think I will be soldering that set at least. I think I might hate the gap more though.

[-]
  •
01-20-2013, 04:32 PM,
I hate the spinning too!! It drives me insane.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-21-2013, 02:08 PM,
I am not sure if you mean something like this:
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/109913973

Even the rings designed to go around the e-ring could have a gap in the side/back like the one in this set. I've also seen an exact contour match rings. They look odd on their own but lovely with set. The gaps don't bother me, the spinning does drive me nuts!

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
[-]
  •
01-21-2013, 02:34 PM,
Rusalka - yes something like that. Thank you! I am probably looking at the exact contour type that would be made at the same time. Still just kinda throwing ideas out to see what anyone thinks. I have never had a band like that and wasn't sure if they stay in place or not. Local jeweler quoted me $87 to solder that wedding set?! Kinda crazy if you ask me, its not like they are sizing it or anything.

[-]
  •
01-21-2013, 09:32 PM,
I adore curved bands when they really compliment the set. I've seen some I've really disliked because it was just a curved band that happened to fit....the styles didn't compliment each other well.

If I had faith in the person that made one of my rings I'd have a curved band made in a heartbeat.

[-]
  •
01-22-2013, 11:03 AM,
I think your contoured band could stay in place in theory. Could they make a groove to keep them together? It also depends on your finger shape.

One of my matching set has a wedding band that goes under the wedding ring and is suppose to sit under it without spinning. Both have euro shanks. It should work in theory but not on my fingers because the gap is deeper between the pinky and the ring finger, so it slopes to that side and eventually goes out of alignment and spins out.

The mismatched set that I have has an e-ring with euro shank that never spins around, it’s just sits there all pretty Smile But the wedding band is triple the thickness, so it doesn’t fall into the deeper side by the pinky finger. It sits upright, so the e-ring sits upright too

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."