Thoughts on this little old cut diamond? Help please!
[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 08:11 PM,
Thoughts on this little old cut diamond? Help please!
Calling all you lovely ladies with an eye for old cut diamonds - what do you think of this diamond?

Specs: K colour, SI2, 0.61ct old transitional cut diamond, 5.2mm (only a baby by everyone's honker standards here!)

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Video:

I am thinking of purchasing to put into a sweet dainty vintage setting (solitaire style with small diamond side accents). I really miss wearing a solitaire and I will wear this new ring stacked between my diamond wedding bands for a bit of extra sparkle.

It's priced quite reasonably and something is don't need to save up for. What do you think- yay or nay? (I've not purchased an old cut diamond before and want to make sure I don't buy a lemon).

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes SparkleFactor's post:
  • SWK1960
07-18-2014, 08:41 PM,
RE: Thoughts on this little old cut diamond? Help please!
I don't know squat about transitional stones, but it sure looks mighty pretty! Smile

[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 08:59 PM,
I think she is beautiful.
0.61 is still pretty reasonable by my humble standards Smile Think that is an Aussie thing, where most women have under 0.5ct Tongue

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 09:08 PM,
I love the cut! The clarity would not be my thing.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 09:36 PM,
@jenncent - yes, I think the clarity is holding me back a little bit. But the price is so good, I'm still considering it. Apparently it's eye clean but I hope the clarity doesn't make it hazy in some lights like with my previous engagement ring diamond. There is a H colour, transitional old cut with Vs2 clarity I'm considering but it's too small even for me at 0.42ct and 4.81mm

[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 10:33 PM,
(07-18-2014, 09:08 PM)jenncent Wrote: I love the cut! The clarity would not be my thing.
+1

[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 10:34 PM,
Well if they say it is eye clean and the price is really good.... the cut looks beautiful. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 11:50 PM,
Well to me the price seems very good, but I'm no diamond buying expert. I've only ever purchased one before this (not including multiple diamond bands). Given the specs with the size and SI2 clarity and K colour - what would you think is a great price to pay?
I just want to make sure that given the clarity, the price is competitive.

[-]
  •
07-19-2014, 12:02 AM,
I think it's really pretty. The table appears to be really big, which is a matter of personal preference. Trannies often have large tables, and it doesn't usually pose too much of a problem in smaller stones. I would request a video where the diamond is moving, rather than the tweezers holding still and just lights flashing around. That way you can see if the larger table poses any tilt problems, like excess darkness, leakage, etc.

Erica D.
Owner/Designer
Love Affair Diamonds
[-]
  •
07-19-2014, 12:28 AM,
(07-18-2014, 11:50 PM)Bling It On Wrote: Well to me the price seems very good, but I'm no diamond buying expert. I've only ever purchased one before this (not including multiple diamond bands). Given the specs with the size and SI2 clarity and K colour - what would you think is a great price to pay?
I just want to make sure that given the clarity, the price is competitive.

I think the price on the stone is very reasonable, for what my opinion is worth Wink

I get distracted by shiny things