Three Stone Ring
[-]
  •
04-02-2014, 12:29 PM,
Three Stone Ring
I want a three stone ring probably a stock setting this time. I'm really torn on whether to pick OECs or RB. I keep putting this off but I know that if I choose OECs I need to act sooner than later. But I'm still on the fence. Please help me decide! I need setting suggestions too please.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-02-2014, 12:33 PM,
RE: Three Stone Ring
You have so many options! Do you want prongs, bezels or halos? What size stones are you thinking too!? I love my OEC three stone and my pink RB one Wink

[-]
  •
04-02-2014, 12:36 PM,
I was thinking prongs and really small so either 6mm or 6.5mm for the center and 4mm or 5mm sides. I prefer the look of the OEC cut but I like the fire of the RB. Smile If you had to only own one, which would you pick, JooJooBee?

[-]
  •
04-02-2014, 12:49 PM,
I used to do this with my cereal, when I couldn't decide what kind to have for breakfast. I'd play eeny meeny miney mo, and whichever I landed on would be my choice. But... I'd get a quick feeling of "yes!" or "aww.." and then I knew what I really wanted. Tongue

[-]
  •
04-02-2014, 01:33 PM,
Well the two rings are very different.. I have one in an octagon setting and then another with double halos! If I had to pick one it would be my OEC three stone though! There is a ton of fire and sparkle with my OECs still, but if you're set on the more fire and sparkle then RB is the way to go!

[-]
  •
04-02-2014, 05:15 PM,
If someone told you today that all OEC's were sold out and you could never ever buy one would you be devastated or just think 'oh well, I will just get round brilliants instead'?

[-]
  •
04-02-2014, 06:37 PM,
I would probably be devastated!!!!!!!

[-]
  •
04-02-2014, 06:38 PM,
MEEE TOOOOO!

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • JuBe
04-02-2014, 06:49 PM,
IF you're TRULY on the fence I'd go OEC. There will always be RB's and if you don't like the OEC's you'll be able to sell them and recoup most of your money if they really do stop selling them.

I personally don't like the OEC's in person as much as I thought. Diamonds yes, but in that cut moissy doesn't do it for me. I'm the odd one out on that one though.

[-]
  •
04-02-2014, 07:36 PM,
I love both, but the thing that annoyed me about my OEC moissies is how you need to clean them more than RBs to keep them sparkly. If you're like me and wear rings all the time, you'd need to accept cleaning at least weekly i'd think to keep them looking nice. The practicality may be a factor. Although, @stardust has a good point about selling them down the track.

ETA: I love poppyseed's three stone, although it's quite dainty and may not be suited to daily wear. I also love this Stuller mount. Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!