Three Stone Setting Profiles
[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 04:47 PM,
Three Stone Setting Profiles
I have seen a lot of beautiful profiles for three stone rings where all the stones are round. However I am thinking about using half moons as my sidestones (with a cushion) and it seems like the few half moon settings I can find are very ... industrial? Is there a reason for this?

This is the best one I have found. I still think the basket is a bit clunky and awkward though, like how the half moon prongs just appear out of nowhere, and I would like the whole thing to look a little more pretty and soft nstead of harsh. Or somehow more special and decorated instead of so utilitarian.

Have you guys seen any amazing half moon settings? Or post your favorite three stone profile photo in general!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-23-2014, 06:12 AM,
RE: Three Stone Setting Profiles
I haven't seen anything real different with that style either. The best I know of is by Leon Mege.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
09-23-2014, 07:03 AM,
Yep that is the one I had in mind too @MrsK! I think if you wanted a swoopy or detailed gallery with half moons you probably could, but they would have to be a pretty good idea so you have enough room for the fun details!

[-]
  •
09-23-2014, 10:19 AM,
I really like Kwiat three stones

[-]
  •
09-23-2014, 01:31 PM,
(09-23-2014, 10:19 AM)Turks Wrote: I really like Kwiat three stones

Omg, yes! And it kills me that my DH works with the family; makes me wonder why some bartering can't be done! Crackup

[-]
  •
09-23-2014, 03:23 PM,
@Slick - what? DH works with Kwiat?! Omg, you so need to work on bartering!

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
09-23-2014, 05:41 PM,
(09-23-2014, 03:23 PM)Bling It On Wrote: @Slick - what? DH works with Kwiat?! Omg, you so need to work on bartering!

Yes! I always tell him that! Sheesh, he won't listen! HitheadCurse

[-] The following 1 user Likes JuBe's post:
  • CricketBug
09-23-2014, 07:30 PM,
@SparkleFactor 's new Malaya garnet is in a lovely half moon three stone setting:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

She also posted pics of a very similar setting:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
09-24-2014, 04:40 PM,
Thanks JuBe! That's beautiful.

Here's a bad mock-up of what I'd like ... something with the side baskets of the Kwiat baguette setting and the main basket as similar to Hs4s/Kanga's three-stone. (Thanks ladies for all the inspiration!!!)