Tiffany and Vatche
[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 02:05 PM,
Tiffany and Vatche
My Vatche setting came in the mail today. It has an amora moissanite in it and is without question the best Tiffany repro I've ever seen. All of the details are perfect. It's really spectacular. However, it has a 7mm stone, and I think it's too big for me. Hide

The stone is gorgeous. It's an H color and I have to say....it really is an H color. The cut is gorgeous and it's REALLY wonderfully bright. Not a ton of rainbows-it's definitely more diamond like that way. It does dance in the light though! It's a killer ring no question.

That said, it's not a keeper for me. This was more a trial to see if I loved the setting (I do) and if so, I'll do it with a 6.5mm. I don't know what's happened to me. I wore an 8mm with no problems! This is a 7 and it feels outrageous. I'd keep the setting, but the plan is to replace the moissanite with a diamond at some point pretty soon and I *definitely* won't be going this big.

This will be going up for grabs soon, but I definitely wanted to give you guys a review-this is a Tiffany setting for all intents and purposes. If that's what you're looking for without the "Tiffany" bit, go Vatche.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

This is the Tiffany all sparkly, sweet and fabulous:

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 02:26 PM,
RE: Tiffany and Vatche
I really like the setting. Tell me I don't need one.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 02:33 PM,
ummmmmmmmmmm. Confused

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 02:35 PM,
That's so pretty @stardust Thank you for the review. I personally think the 7mm looks fabulous, but only you know your comfort level. I think you've found your style. Wink
How would you compare it to the Stuller solstice you had in the past? Popcorn

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 02:44 PM,
(10-03-2014, 02:35 PM)Slick Wrote: That's so pretty @stardust Thank you for the review. I personally think the 7mm looks fabulous, but only you know your comfort level. I think you've found your style. Wink
How would you compare it to the Stuller solstice you had in the past? Popcorn

This is waaaaay more delicate. Stuller is very sturdy and more of a riff on a Tiffany. This one could easily be mistaken for a Tiffany.

They both have their strong points, but if I had to pick *my* personal favorite, it would be this one. I love the little donut. Rings definitely sit far more flush with the Vatche than they do the Stuller. However this is far more lightweight than the Stuller.

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 02:47 PM,
(10-03-2014, 02:33 PM)stardust Wrote: ummmmmmmmmmm. Confused

Toofunny

I don't need it. Being here is like a being a kid in a candy store. I want one of everything.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • MrsK
10-03-2014, 02:49 PM,
(10-03-2014, 02:47 PM)MrsK Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 02:33 PM)stardust Wrote: ummmmmmmmmmm. Confused

Toofunny

I don't need it. Being here is like a being a kid in a candy store. I want one of everything.

I know. But it never hurts to have a set in every color. One yellow, one rose, one platinum.....

Chairspin

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 02:59 PM,
DARN DARN DARN! What is going on with us! Do you not think the head of this setting will take a smaller stone well? I am so so sorry! Boooooo!

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 03:32 PM,
Thanks Star! I think I would like the weightier stuller one, I hope haha! Is the stone really too large for you? I love it on you!
@Brit is this your vatche? You parted with it?

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 03:43 PM,
I love the 7mm. Now I want one.

(whispers to self, no you don't... you are a bezel fiend!)

I get distracted by shiny things