Torn on these bullet side stones - must decide for Monday
[-]
  •
04-05-2014, 10:44 PM,
Torn on these bullet side stones - must decide for Monday
I thought I had it all figured out. A five stone ring, all OEC diamonds, for my graduation present to myself (since I'll graduate in 2015). I stopped by my local jeweler to see what they had because I needed my final two stones. The gal there showed me these two amazing bullet side stones. They are a brilliant cut, F, VVS1, .23 carats each, and a really amazing price (though 2x what I planned on spending). Two issues - first, they are more expensive and second, do I have the finger real estate? My center stone is 6.3 mm, my two small rounds are 4.7mm each and the bullets are around 4.5 mm long each. I am a lover of bezels and would prefer a design that could bezel all the stones somehow. So, here is where I sit...

Bullet side stone pros:
Unique
Makes me excited about the ring
LOTS of finger coverage (middle finger, size 10.25)
Bullet side stone cons:
More expensive
Not sure if I have the "room" for it
Not sure how a design might turn out (aka...will it look good?)

Please note that the loose rounds are just examples of sizes. ETA: They asked that I let them know Monday what I decide Smile

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-05-2014, 11:12 PM,
RE: Torn on these bullet side stones - must decide for Monday
The only thing I can say is that I love the bullets. Divine! If they speak to you, do it.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 02:23 AM,
I said "ohhhhh those are cool!" when I saw the pics. I think the bullets will look great in your planned ring. And if they are at bargain prices, what is not to love?? Cant wait to see the finished ring (even though 2015 is a long way away.....)

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 02:47 AM,
Oh snap, I really like! Unique, edgy, different. I think you should go for it, you'll look down and love your ring every dang time. Especially because it's a grad gift to yourself!

[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 07:40 AM,
I love the bullets! I think you will have no issue with real estate either Wink

[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 07:57 AM,
I love them! I don't think you will have a problem either. Wink

[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 11:09 AM,
I agree! I think the bullets would look great and fit just fine. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sparkly Blonde's post:
  • JuBe
04-06-2014, 11:13 AM,
(04-06-2014, 02:23 AM)Becleeham Wrote: I said "ohhhhh those are cool!" when I saw the pics. I think the bullets will look great in your planned ring. And if they are at bargain prices, what is not to love?? Cant wait to see the finished ring (even though 2015 is a long way away.....)

It will be here faster than I want to admit! I told my dad yesterday that I must be the only crazy person who started thinking about the design for her graduation ring a year and a half before graduation. I wanted more than just a piece of paper hanging on the wall for all of that effort Tongue - plus I don't want to wait for a man to walk into my life to have the perfect ring Big Grin

I still haven't a clue how exactly I will design my ring, but, I'm heading down there first thing Monday to at least put down a deposit on them!

[-]
  •
04-06-2014, 05:27 PM,
Yaaaay! I love them, they look fantastic with your round stones, and i love the inspiration pic. Good decision!!

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 09:49 AM,
The bullet stones are a wonderful find! The only real "con" here is their higher price tag... everything else about them looks pretty great from where I'm standing. Their size and shape goes perfectly with the rounds in those sizes. Including them will really elevate the design of your 5-stone ring. Bunny