Poll: Modify trinity ring or no way?
What are you crazy? Don't change your moms ring!
Yes, modify it so you can wear and enjoy it!
[Show Results]

Trinity ring modification?
[-]
  •
06-19-2014, 02:38 PM,
Trinity ring modification?
You all may remember mom's trinity tri color ring. I am honest with myself in that I am not a yellow gold gal, hate it on my yucky hands. Also the ring is a little wide for comfort for me. Do you see where this is going? Crackup

So...thoughts on cutting the gold ring off..super carefully in case I want to replace it someday. (And I said in the other thread I would never take a tool to my jewelry, Toofunny lol).
I really think I would like it better, metal-color wise, and it would be more wearable for my knuckles. It always seems the yellow one is on top! :/

BUT, will doing that change the rolling proportions and ruin the integrity of it?

Here's a picture for reference.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-19-2014, 02:41 PM,
RE: Trinity ring modification?
I wouldn't change anything on it and love it as it is! I feel like there is a special sentiment attached to this piece! The color isn't really a stark gold either. It all nicely blends together Smile I think the gold looks good on you too!

[-]
  •
06-19-2014, 02:49 PM,
I second exactly what JJB said...:-)

...... I love that band on you!!

edited to add I pick #1.. ;-)..What are you crazy? Don't change your moms ring! .. especially that it looks gorgeous on you!...

here is an idea.. maybe try wearing it on a chain?. not sure how a rolling ring would look on a chain but I have seen many necklaces where a ring is the pendant instead of a real typical pendant.... maybe worn at a higher 16 inch length?......it may be fail of an idea ..;-) but it popped into my head.....

[-]
  •
06-19-2014, 02:54 PM,
I would not.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-19-2014, 03:02 PM,
@Slick - please don't hurt the rolling ring I love so much. I would cry! It looks really nice stacked, I've told you this a hundred times before I'm sure

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
06-19-2014, 03:06 PM,
I would leave it too, it looks great!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • stardust
06-19-2014, 03:06 PM,
Ok ok! Thank you for your vehement objections. Really, I consider it tough love!
But where are my enablers? *cricket* anyone? Hide

[-]
  •
06-19-2014, 03:11 PM,
Nope!!! Leave it as is. I think the yellow is very soft.

[-]
  •
06-19-2014, 03:34 PM,
I got a ring from my mom, my dad had given it to her, anyway she said, it's mine now and I can do with it as I'd like, so I modified it and now I get to wear it every day and love it and it reminds me of her Smile

What about having the whole thing rhodium plated, so it all looks white gold? Or maybe you'd like it better if you had a jeweller make the yellow gold a satin finish, so it's not as *BAM* yellow?

[-]
  •
06-19-2014, 03:38 PM,
No No No don't change it. Disagree