UGH! Why Me! I need some more advise!
[-]
  •
11-14-2014, 08:13 AM,
UGH! Why Me! I need some more advise!
Ugh Ugh Ugh!! Why me!! I need some more advise! The Vatche arrived yesterday and it looks 100% better. I knew it would not be perfect, but that aside, I don't think they communicated to Vatche how low I wanted to stone set. When it came down to my ring needing a whole new head, I asked if they could then set the stone as low as it could go. Being a new head and all we would not be restrained by any previous setting grooves and could do that. I like my stones set super low, like I want that culet just above my finger and the prongs to make a very wide topped V and hug the sides of the stone. I don't think that was told to Vatche. Ugh!! The stone in the Vatche sitting a full mm higher at 7.5mm versus my other AG ring, which is 6.5mm high and has a bigger stone.

Ugh Ugh Ugh!! Now what do I do??? Do I call/email? I feel like such a nit picky batty cray cray for not being happy after them helping me AND giving me a break on the price because of what I had been through. Or should I suck it up, look at selling the setting and just moving on. UGH!!! Curse

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArtdecoLover71's post:
  • Bluespawkles
11-14-2014, 08:21 AM,
RE: UGH! Why Me! I need some more advise!
first, dying to see pics please!!

I would just call Wink and discuss to find out exactly what was said to Vatche so that you know and then figure out the best plan from there, Wink will advise!

(11-14-2014, 08:13 AM)Brit Wrote: Ugh Ugh Ugh!! Why me!! I need some more advise! The Vatche arrived yesterday and it looks 100% better. I knew it would not be perfect, but that aside, I don't think they communicated to Vatche how low I wanted to stone set. When it came down to my ring needing a whole new head, I asked if they could then set the stone as low as it could go. Being a new head and all we would not be restrained by any previous setting grooves and could do that. I like my stones set super low, like I want that culet just above my finger and the prongs to make a very wide topped V and hug the sides of the stone. I don't think that was told to Vatche. Ugh!! The stone in the Vatche sitting a full mm higher at 7.5mm versus my other AG ring, which is 6.5mm high and has a bigger stone.

Ugh Ugh Ugh!! Now what do I do??? Do I call/email? I feel like such a nit picky batty cray cray for not being happy after them helping me AND giving me a break on the price because of what I had been through. Or should I suck it up, look at selling the setting and just moving on. UGH!!! Curse

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-] The following 4 users Like jenncent's post:
  • ArtdecoLover71, Bluespawkles, MrsK, stardust
11-14-2014, 10:52 AM,
I would talk to Wink and see what he says. I know you feel like a pita, but really, it could be an easy fix and just a bit of a time suck. Selling and starting over is a big deal and I think you should just give it one more chance. I am sure Wink will not be mad. These kind of things happen and it is all just part of the business. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-14-2014, 12:02 PM,
Darn... I'm glad it's fixed but sorry it wasn't set the way you wanted. I guess if you hate it enough that you would sell the whole thing, it can't hurt to try once more to see if it can be right for you. I'm not sure how they would set it lower, but I hope they can! Fingers crossed!

[-]
  •
11-14-2014, 01:54 PM,
Oh Brit! I'm so sorry. Cry

I know your pain so well, and that would devastate me. I wouldn't want to talk to Wink about it, but that may be the best thing to do.

Bighug

[-]
  •
11-14-2014, 01:59 PM,
Yup I'd definitely talk to Wink, seems resetting it lower shouldn't be a pain so I bet they'd be happy to if it means a happy customer Smile

[-]
  •
11-14-2014, 02:13 PM,
Oh no @Brit I am so very sorry it didn't turn out as low as you asked. I would email or call Wink too. I'm hoping it is an easy fix, albeit, more waiting time though. Boo

[-]
  •
11-14-2014, 02:52 PM,
Yep. This sounds like an easy fix, you need it to be 'right' and I am sure it can be accommodated!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
11-14-2014, 05:56 PM,
That stinks. I would definitely call Wink and see if he can get it fixed for you.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brit's post:
  • ArtdecoLover71, Bluespawkles, Slick, stardust
11-14-2014, 06:01 PM,
Thanks guys! I will most likely pop him and email this weekend. It has been grass, grass, grass, today and I have not had a chance to do much of anything. I will get some pictures and post them tomorrow. I wore it around a little this morning just so I could look at the AG again, I am SO smitten with this stone!