USPS & Insurance
[-]
  •
02-26-2015, 03:25 PM,
Exclamation  USPS & Insurance
I just wanted to share this information, as I stumbled upon it linked in an item I am tracking for delivery to me. It makes reference to USPS insurance claims, etc. I truly hate hearing any of my sparkle sisters losing an item via the mail system, and thought I'd share this so that you can be sure you have yourself covered IF you ever need to file a claim for loss. I hope it's never necessary, but knowing what is required before you ship might be helpful.

Here's their "fine print" you don't see when dropping a package off to mail. Dodgy

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-26-2015, 05:52 PM,
RE: USPS & Insurance
That's good info. This part about "Proof of Value" made me snicker:

Picture from a catalog showing the value of a similar article (only if a sales receipt, invoice, or statement of value from a reputable dealer is not available). The date and place of purchase must be included.

They have denied claims when people have produced receipts or appraisals, but they'll take a pic of something like the item you once had!

Undecided

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
02-26-2015, 06:17 PM,
Right! Undecided

[-]
  •
02-26-2015, 08:03 PM,
I wish it were that easy... @poppyseed sent me an almost identical pic of a ring that Amcor was selling for my usps claim and I included it and amcors name/address/contact info and they STILL denied it. Along with photos that were time stamped the day of the shipment and the orignal receipt. Denied all 3 appeals. I hate them.

[-]
  •
02-26-2015, 08:17 PM,
can you not take it to an ombudsman or some higher authority? It is just so unfair, I cannot believe they are being like that.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-27-2015, 07:56 AM,
@jenncent I sent a letter to the Consumer Advocates in Washington, DC because apparently they are the "authority" over the P.O., I never heard anything back and I tracked it and they signed they got it. They have a phone number I found but can never reach anyone. In my online USPS claim it still just says appeal denied, this has been going on since last fall. Once they deny it online they never put a reason, you have to wait for the letter to come and it just basically says why it was denied and what you have to provide. Once you provide what they ask they STILL just flatly deny you. You never get to talk to anyone, nobody cares to help you, the hold times are insane. The entire thing is a ripoff racket. I seriously have never been so mad about anything as I have about this.

One time I actually go to talk to a human she said there is a lot of fraud in shipping things insured. I said well how the ^&*%^ is that when people can't MAKE the PO lose something!? I mean the tracking number pretty much says it all and my tracking number still says my deceased grandmother's ring lives at the NYC PO. There is no way I could have any control over that when I live 8 hours from there!

[-]
  •
02-27-2015, 08:46 AM,
It sounds so frustrating. I am sorry this happened to you. It is really awful!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
02-27-2015, 02:58 PM,
And in this case Alb personally went to the PO himself several times and talked with a supervisor without any success. No wonder that the USPS is losing $$. Their customer service is non existent.