Ugh--why is deciding so hard!?
[-]
  •
07-22-2014, 11:18 AM,
Ugh--why is deciding so hard!?
So I have sent back a very pretty 2ct sol238a asha ring because it was just too white, I sent back a 2 ct H&A moissy loose stone because it was just too yellow and just didn't ooo or ahh me. Right now in my possesion I have 2.5 ct H asha in the tiff setting that is absolutely stunning and I do love it but the stone again just seems off to me, maybe too white or maybe the stone is too big?

I also just received a beautiful 2.5ct moissy Emerald Cut with moissy side stones in a custom Harry Winston setting with double prongs and that too is beautiful but I feel like the design of the ring does not flatter my finger at all (where the baguettes go up it makes my finger look fatter)and the prongs are not what I envisioned, they almost look like one prong with a divet in the middle to "appear" as though they are 2. It is the correct size but i have an 8.5 finger and although I wear a smaller size pant I am VERY self conscious about my finger chubbiness.

I took tons of pics and since all photo sites are blocked on my work computer they are almost impossible to upload, but I am trying to add them on to my existing photobucket account...

I just don't know...I wanted to be a part of this process to have an eco friendly ring I could love and wear proudly without guilt. My FI can't even decide what he likes better and they are both VERY different from each other. How do you know it is the ring for you? I mean, could it be because this isn't my first marriage I just care WAAAYYYYY less about the ring? I really love both of these but just cannot wrap my head around this. Any advice is appreciated...I feel like I sound like a complaining jerk but in reality I am not like that at all and don't own any nice jewelry. I just know I will wear this everyday and it matters to me that it looks right on my fat hand!

Thanks!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-22-2014, 11:31 AM,
RE: Ugh--why is deciding so hard!?
Pics Added here (or will be in a few min they are uploading now):

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/Tessag...%20Uploads

The EC moissy is really beautiful...still have to go look at it outside thoughSmile

Edited to add correct album...sorry!

[-]
  •
07-22-2014, 11:44 AM,
I think either of the larger rounds looks lovely on your finger. Is it maybe the plain shank you're not loving? I am (personally) not a thin, plain shank gal. I just like a little design to them for interest.

I would spend an afternoon trying on rings at local jewelry stores ... different sizes, styles, etc and figure out what strikes your fancy. Take pics of that, then come back with that so we can see what you like. (That doesn't mean stay away till then lol)

It's just so hard envisioning how a pic on the internet will look in real life/on your hand. Much congrats on your engagement! Big Grin

[-]
  •
07-22-2014, 11:47 AM,
I'm kind of feeling the same, so I don't really have any advice but just wanted to tell you you're not alone! Perhaps when it's the one, it'll make your heart sing and you'll just know.. like it's supposed to be for the hubby-to-be? Big Grin I get sparkle-blindness though, but after a few days I either grow into loving something after the initial oooo sparkly wears off, or I find it's just not what I was hoping for. So, perhaps wear them each for a few days one at a time, and you'll see it in different ways and come to find which is for you, if either.

(PS - your album is private, and I reeeeeeeeally want to see your EC moissy!)

[-]
  •
07-22-2014, 11:48 AM,
(07-22-2014, 11:44 AM)SparkleFactor Wrote: I think either of the larger rounds looks lovely on your finger. Is it maybe the plain shank you're not loving? I am (personally) not a thin, plain shank gal. I just like a little design to them for interest.

I would spend an afternoon trying on rings at local jewelry stores ... different sizes, styles, etc and figure out what strikes your fancy. Take pics of that, then come back with that so we can see what you like. (That doesn't mean stay away till then lol)

It's just so hard envisioning how a pic on the internet will look in real life/on your hand. Much congrats on your engagement! Big Grin

@SparkleFactor I just now added the right photo album just now. Those rings already went back. It is down to a harry winston 2.5 ct emerald cut moissy or a 2.5 ct asha. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond!!!

[-]
  •
07-22-2014, 11:49 AM,
Sorry @ sparklefactor I am going to try and fix that now. It is really pretty and I LOVE it I just think it looks bad on me.

[-]
  •
07-22-2014, 11:52 AM,
@impatientlywaiting Are you able to make the photo album public? The link you posted goes to an account with a private setting. Smile

Finding the stone that sings to you can be a bit like being Goldilocks... "This one's too white... This one's too yellow... This one's too small... This one's too big..." LOL! Eventually, you will find the right one/combo.

I'd love to see the moissie EC ring!

[-]
  •
07-22-2014, 11:59 AM,
Try now...the moissy is BEAUTIFUL but I have nothing to compare it to really...lOL

[-]
  •
07-22-2014, 12:18 PM,
Ok, just added a few outdoor ones but I am at work so i had to be quick about itSmile

[-]
  •
07-22-2014, 12:25 PM,
Wow! I'm prefacing this by saying I'm going to be no help whatsoever!
I love the emerald HW ring!! Like really Heart it! It's classy and rich! Can you wear a band with it? Will you want to? Do you like gap or not? Gosh it's divine!

The solitaire. I don't fancy the lack of durability of asha. But, it is gorgeous too! In a simple elegant kind of way. It will pair well with bands and you could change the look easier with that! Size looks good too!

Ultimately, it's what your eyes find more pleasing and how you want to wear it. And don't worry dear, I've been married 26 years (I was 21!) and have changed erings more times than I could easily count. You're not married to whichever one you chose, IMHO.
Good luck!!
PS your fingers are fine! Wink