Ultimate Wish List
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 05:47 PM,
Ultimate Wish List
Okay, all you ladies getting into pearls! This thread is for YOU. Now that you're loving them, what's on your list? What are your "must haves?" The things you absolutely must ultimately have in your collection?

I'm asking because my list has stayed very consistent. I know what I like, and I haven't managed to develop any sort of appreciation (other than understanding that some find things lovely) for the things I don't. Unlike my taste in gems and other jewelry, this has stayed very consistent. I'm probably weird that way. Huh

Anyway, budding pearl mavens....what is on your list?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 05:59 PM,
RE: Ultimate Wish List
yooohoo you have to list YOUR wish list, eh? dontcha think? Big Grin

[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 06:17 PM,
I want it all. How's that for a wish list? Seriously. I can't narrow it down lately.

I want a set of grey blue freshwater pearls... or maybe blue Akoyas. Someday, I'd like a strand of Tahitians with peacock overtones.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 06:29 PM,
(05-21-2013, 06:17 PM)MrsK Wrote: I'd like a strand of Tahitians with peacock overtones.

Me too!

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 06:29 PM,
my wish list on CC site is now up to $6500. LOL!! I think I need to scale my list down. But basically, I want a rainbow. I have the peachy pinky drips on the way.

I am also drawn to plump ovals and buttons, so would like lilac and blue/grey ropes in those. And I want that long white rope with small pinks, and maybe another baby pink stand with rounds and a golden peach rope of some sort.

And for pricey ones, I want peacocky baroque Tahitians and blue/silver round Akoyas.

Catherine is a really lovely woman, and is holding some things for me until my birthday. So I will be able to cross 2 things off my list.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 06:31 PM,
(05-21-2013, 05:59 PM)KendaKarats Wrote: yooohoo you have to list YOUR wish list, eh? dontcha think? Big Grin

ha ha ha-touche!
Okay, the biggies:
*Tahitians-silvery peacock baroque with incredible orient. 20 inch.
Ivory metallics (these were just upgraded on my list because I didn't know metallics existed until recently)
*Anywho, ivory metallics, 6.5-7mm 22 inches.
*double strand of ivory metallics with an art deco clasp.
*Silvery blue freshies-8mm, AAA, 20ish inches.
*A string of pinky/purples with no clasp. 6.5mm-2 inches. Freshwater, perhaps metallic as well!
*Golden south sea pearls 18 inches
*8mm golden south sea 9-10mm earrings.
*a 24inch gold chain, no clasp, with a teardrop pearl capped in gold
*leverback pearl earrings-drops rather than rounds, but I do like both.
*peachy silver high luster teardrop rope. I go back and forth on this length. I would love it to be around 64 inches I think.
*Tahitian studs-again silvery/green peacock (no cherry tones)-a nice big size. 10mm would be awesome.

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • Lorrissey
05-21-2013, 06:39 PM,
this is my jam in tahitians:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 07:18 PM,
and I love the purple mixed with copper freshwaters too, I just do not know how they would look on me.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 07:41 PM,
I just remembered I have copper pearls and earrings....cuz I'm a redhead DH bought the set a few years ago (he thought they matched my hair, and they sorta did)...wonder where I put them... Huh

[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 07:59 PM,
pics!!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers