Ultrasonic jewelrey cleaners
[-]
  •
01-11-2014, 06:18 AM,
Bug  Ultrasonic jewelrey cleaners
I am interested in acquiring ultrasonic jewelrey cleaner. I want to wear my rings more often but the water where I live is very hard and that makes it an issue. I heard a lot of good stuff about ultrasonic cleaners, namely that no ammonia is required to clean off any build up and also they are very safe for most stones and settings . What are the cons though? Do they get hot? That is something which is unclear to me. Do you have any experience with ultrasonic cleaner at home ? If so, what kind of jewelrey do you clean in there ? And what make of Ultrasonic cleaner do you find works best?

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-11-2014, 07:10 AM,
RE: Ultrasonic jewelrey cleaners
I have one, I purchased it on amazon, it has a heating capacity that works great. I put all my jewelery in there, you are not supposed to put pave, emeralds, opals, or other porous stones in there.

[-]
  •
01-11-2014, 10:28 AM,
yes, to all that. And things can scratch one another in there, so I would just put them in one at a time.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-11-2014, 12:52 PM,
I read on one if the websites that ultrasonic waves create heat and apparently one lady got a faulty one and it damaged her jewelrey. I am going off te idea of buying one , just can't sum up the courage. I ordered more Sunshine jewelrey cleaner and new cloth. @Turks which make are you using? Have you ever had any problems with it? Thank you Heart

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
01-11-2014, 06:54 PM,
I am afraid to put my ring in. Lol.

[-]
  •
01-11-2014, 10:14 PM,
You can have mine. I never use it, I'm too afraid. I found out to late that using it for pavé was a huge no-no. I cannot tell you how many diamonds I have lost to the ultrasonic. If you don't have a lot of pavé then go for it otherwise I would think twice.

[-]
  •
01-12-2014, 01:16 PM,
I have one, I got it for Christmas and it is magic. My friend had a 40 year old necklace with gunk under the stone and it came out sparkling! I love mine. This is the one I got.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
01-12-2014, 01:32 PM,
Mine is an older version of mrsmay07's. I love it! I use if for all my sparklies. No heat issues, although I notice the water does warm up a little. Our water is also hard, so I use tap water (cool) with a squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid. After several minutes of "buzzing" I rinse the rings/earrings/bracelet off in warm tap water, shake excess water off, then put the now-room temp items into a weensy container of alcohol—to prevent any coating of minerals from the hard water.

Sparklies are always wonderful with this technique! Heart