Unehanced RBs: "new" cut & rough
[-]
  •
07-04-2014, 11:57 AM,
Unehanced RBs: "new" cut & rough
Okay! Finally am home and have taken a couple photos of the "new" cut (but not H&A) RB moissies that I recently bought from poppyseed. Big Grin I decided to use an older 14kt mount I already had and asked the bench to set it as low as possible. The original stone was 9.5mm (It was sold to me as a 9mm Confused ) so, although the head was still useable, the proportions make it look rather squash-y. LOL! Good thing it's mostly for travel purposes.

First, the 8.5mm flanked by 6.5mm (x2) earrings. Although they look a bit warm, I think it's the warm creamy paint in my office that's reflecting. IRL, they're all very white!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I'm surprised that I actually like the RBs now! I was prepared to send them back, 'cause I'm so used to (and completely smitten with) OECs/transitionals. Wink

Yikes! Forgive the dry skin on my hand!!! Dodgy

This is more the color I see IRL. It's white but not crazy-white.

I took a couple quick snaps on my iPhone of the earrings, but ICK! Not gonna post 'em. Crackup I was dashing out to a yoga class and let's just say the photos left a lot to be desired. LOL! My diamond OEC studs are a shade under 6mm and I didn't really think the extra +/- .5mm would make much of a difference. Uhm, wrong! Perhaps it's the cut, but the RBs look huge, to my eye. I'm used to them, though, and it's really nice to not worry if I lose one/both, when I'm travelling. Heart

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-04-2014, 01:45 PM,
RE: Unehanced RBs: "new" cut & rough
Beautiful!!! love the solitaire setting, so timeless and classic.

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
07-04-2014, 02:32 PM,
Oh I love a classic solitaire. So Elegant. Beautiful! So happy that you do like it being an old cut lover. I just started to wear the RB three stone and I'm also finding I am rather enjoying the sparkle of a RB again...

[-]
  •
07-04-2014, 04:15 PM,
They look really beautiful. Love how low set the solitaire is.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
07-04-2014, 04:57 PM,
Beautiful!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
07-05-2014, 01:17 AM,
Oh very pretty Smile the new moissies, hubba hubba!

[-]
  •
07-05-2014, 09:27 AM,
Happyrun Oh my, I love these! So pretty and classic.

[-]
  •
07-05-2014, 10:24 AM,
Very pretty! I love the solitaire!

[-]
  •
07-07-2014, 03:48 PM,
Thanks so much, lovely peeps! Big Grin

I shall take photos of the earrings while wearing them, but reserve the right to be disgusted and not post 'em. LOL!

[-]
  •
07-07-2014, 04:09 PM,
Those are some of the best pix of moissanite I've seen! Usually the sparkle makes the stone seem blurry. Beautiful stones!!