Up grading original e-ring
[-]
  •
12-25-2015, 09:44 PM,
I currently have a 7.5 mm FB OEC 6 prong knife edge solitaire. I am wanting to upgrade to a stone in the 8-8.5 mm range, I also want to convert to claw prongs. I am struggling with my stone choice. I have a bezel with a 8.86 OEC amora gem and while I think it's lovely, I sometimes feel it looks a bit plastic like. I live in MT so the winters are long and not very flattering to jewelry in general. I am not set that I have to have another OEC but I prefer chunkier facets in general and like round stones. My ring was made by moissyco and the stone was not special selected and shows more yellow/green then I have seen in unenhanced stones. It seems the F1 would be a good choice but the cuts kinda suck right now.

Should I go with a 8.3mm/E/Si1 Amora H&A round or contact beth to have a whiter larger OEC miossy selected?

points for beth it might be cheaper to get the stone and adjustments all done in one place rather then shipping off to someone else (have used and loved david klass)

sorry if this is hard to follow my prego brain is all over the place

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-25-2015, 10:15 PM,
Well, since the oecs are discontinued that could tough... As well, Beth has one more week of work before she moves on to another career. So her picking a stone is unlikely at this point.

If you feel the AG oec is plasticky, do you think the round will be different? I live in the same region as you so I know the struggle with moissanite. I have a 3 stone oec ring that is perfect colour wise, but most of my larger moissy would get tinted to some degree. And I couldn't deal with it. So my AG oec is much better colour wise IMO. I prefer a bit of white out or lack of depth to a moody/dingy coloured stone.

Whatever you decide, you will need a new head for the larger stone. You can likely get the exact same one you have, just in a larger size. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-25-2015, 10:22 PM,
RE: Up grading original e-ring
(12-25-2015, 10:15 PM)jenncent Wrote: Well, since the oecs are discontinued that could tough... As well, Beth has one more week of work before she moves on to another career.  So her picking a stone is unlikely at this point.  

If you feel the AG oec is plasticky, do you think the round will be different?  I live in the same region as you so I know the struggle with moissanite.  I have a 3 stone oec ring that is perfect colour wise, but most of my larger moissy would get tinted to some degree.  And I couldn't deal with it.  So my AG oec is much better colour wise IMO.  I prefer a bit of white out or lack of depth to a moody/dingy coloured stone.

Whatever you decide, you will need a new head for the larger stone.  You can likely get the exact same one you have, just in a larger size.  Smile

I don't think the plastic look is a deal breaker but I like bouncing between the two types of stones depending on what I feel like seeing performance wise. I just don't know if I want MORE of the moody effects by going with a larger stone. I also don't really love the idea of both my rings having the same weakness. 

maybe I am being unrealistic with the reduction of OEC at this point. 

[-]
  •
12-26-2015, 06:28 PM,
(12-25-2015, 09:44 PM)Moniepennie Wrote: I currently have a 7.5 mm FB OEC 6 prong knife edge solitaire. I am wanting to upgrade to a stone in the 8-8.5 mm range, I also want to convert to claw prongs. I am struggling with my stone choice. I have a bezel with a 8.86 OEC amora gem and while I think it's lovely, I sometimes feel it looks a bit plastic like. I live in MT so the winters are long and not very flattering to jewelry in general. I am not set that I have to have another OEC but I prefer chunkier facets in general and like round stones. My ring was made by moissyco and the stone was not special selected and shows more yellow/green then I have seen in unenhanced stones. It seems the F1 would be a good choice but the cuts kinda suck right now.

Should I go with a 8.3mm/E/Si1 Amora H&A round or contact beth to have a whiter larger OEC miossy selected?

points for beth it might be cheaper to get the stone and adjustments all done in one place rather then shipping off to someone else (have used and loved david klass)

sorry if this is hard to follow my prego brain is all over the place

That's a tough call....I think I would go OEC if you can get one, just because there's a time sensitive aspect.

[-]
  •
12-26-2015, 09:25 PM,
I emailed schubachs to see if they still have the option of getting an OEC. My gut is saying try to find a lovely larger Moissy but I have to be ready to take an AG. Like I said I really like my AG, just don't know if I want that to be my only sparkle option.

[-]
  •
01-04-2016, 06:15 PM,
I'm looking for a 7.5mm OEC if you decide to sell yours.

[-]
  •
01-13-2016, 01:31 PM,
It looks like schubachs will make my stone in a upgrade. I think there is a 7.5 OEC on the bistro right now !

[-] The following 2 users Like Moniepennie's post:
  • GemmaBella, jenncent
01-13-2016, 01:33 PM,
I decided to go with the hearts and arrows Amora gem ! 2.3 ct g color vs2. Pretty excited. Will post a picture one I get the ring back