Wedding jewelry!
[-] The following 2 users Like battah's post:
  • Mamacass77, MicheleZ
05-27-2013, 07:51 PM,
Wedding jewelry!
Ok, I've been married for almost 5 years so this isn't anything new, but I wanted to share these pics with you ladies since you're fellow bling-lovers, plus I found them in my old photobucket account and had forgotten that I had them. This is a set my mom designed for me and had made as a wedding gift from my parents. I dug up the email the jeweler (SA Gems in Chicago, she said they were wonderful to work with, and I think they made my SIL's e-ring set) sent my mom re: the pendant, and it says "it is a 0.15 RB with 12 little diamonds around it so it will look like the center of the pendant, this will give it continuity.
The diamond part for the chain will be about 0.23 ct twt
The pendant will be about 2.10 ct twt with the center diamond being 0.22 RB.
The entire piece will have 114 diamonds in it."

The earrings were a surprise, so I didn't get to see any emails about them LOL.

I adore this set, it's so pretty.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

On my neck, for perspective:

The beautiful back:

I don't have any good perspective shots of the earrings on. This is the best I could find:

And just for fun, this is the ring my mom lent me to wear for the wedding - my grandparent's (dad's parents) gave it to mom as a wedding gift, so it's old, borrowed, and blue (the darker stones are sapphires, not sure if they show well in this light). She later gave it to me, but at the time it was borrowed Smile It's pretty delicate so I don't wear it that much, but I love it. So pretty.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-27-2013, 08:30 PM,
RE: Wedding jewelry!
You made a gorgeous bride! I love how your mom designed your wedding jewelry.

My wedding jewelry was so non-expensive. I would love to have a renewal so I could do it all again. I would cause major damage. LoveLove

[-] The following 1 user Likes battah's post:
  • McThrice
05-27-2013, 08:36 PM,
Haha tell your husband! My dh was just talking about doing our 10th anniversary as a vow renewal in Hawaii. He's loved the idea for years. Meanwhile I was thinking to myself, I bet I can get some good jewelry out if that! LOL.

[-]
  •
05-27-2013, 08:38 PM,
And thank you! You're sweet Smile I love that my mom did that for me. I think about giving that set to my daughter for her wedding.... Sniff...

[-]
  •
05-27-2013, 09:35 PM,
Wow! Love that set!!

[-]
  •
05-27-2013, 09:46 PM,
omgoodness, that set is stunning!!!!! And so are you. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-27-2013, 10:50 PM,
Holy smokes, battah! Just gorgeous, all of it -- the necklace and earrings and the lengths your mom went to for them, the old-borrowed-blue ring, and you! Is that a tan dress I see, or is it just the photo? If it was a tan dress, then welcome to the Cool Bride pool with me! Ha!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
05-28-2013, 05:30 AM,
Thanks, ladies! Hadley, it's peach Smile I found it by accident (I had ordered it in ivory but was hating how I looked in white or ivory, and the bridal shop got it in peach just to try the size - I totally fell in love with it), but it was a very happy accident. I love colored wedding dresses.

[-]
  •
05-28-2013, 06:58 AM,
Battah - that set is TDF! I love it, and of course you're a gorgeous bride!

[-] The following 1 user Likes lucky.b's post:
  • McThrice
05-28-2013, 07:31 AM,
It's all so very beautiful, though none as much as the bride! Thank you for sharing - I am so glad y'all do this, I don't know that on my own I would know to do this sort of thing for my daughters for their weddings in years to come. I would definitely give jewelry but things like this I might not think of, so I'm glad I have y'all to lead me down the right path for someday Smile