Weight
[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 02:36 PM,
Lightbulb  Weight
Out of curiosity....how much do your rings weigh? What is your comfort level for weight? I know that my 3mm rose gold engraved wedding band from Schubachs felt heavy on my finger. I was constantly aware of it. I know some people like the feeling of weight. Just curious about your preference.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 02:57 PM,
RE: Weight
I want all the weight. 10-12 grams or so at least for a wedding set. My RHR is 10 grams. It's delicious.

I really dislike jewelry that is lightweight.

[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 03:12 PM,
I like some heft, but not quite to the extent of Stardust.
I think most of my rings are about 4 grams? (My scale is not working as I used it to weigh my cockatiels, and the battery wore out!)

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 03:26 PM,
My new 3 stone is 5.5 and my wedding ring is 3. The spacer 2. That is probably as heavy as I can comfortably go. More than that and I am too aware and my head over dramatizes it and makes it seem painful. My ocd is weird for sure.

[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 03:32 PM,
I think 5-7 is about my comfort zone.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • stardust
09-15-2014, 04:31 PM,
My original set was 13-14 grams, that is what I like.. Even heavier is ok with me.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 05:10 PM,
I guess in terms of a set, I am good with about 10-12 grams total weight. When I have my DH's ring on, (he always hands it off to me before surfing, lol) it is really uncomfortable to me...I think it's 16-17grams.

[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 05:13 PM,
I am about where you are EarthDiva for my comfort zone. More than that my ocd takes over. I literally feel like the world is sitting on my finger. It even starts to ache. I know it is mental but it doesn't get better. Lol.

[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 05:24 PM,
@stardust - lightweight is no good and I dont think anyone wants that, but 12 grams??! Sheesh, I've never worn a set that weighs that much, but I'm not sure I would even be able to lift my finger/hand! Is your tranny ring the one you are talking about that weighs 10 grams?

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 05:28 PM,
(09-15-2014, 05:24 PM)Bling It On Wrote: @stardust - lightweight is no good and I dont think anyone wants that, but 12 grams??! Sheesh, I've never worn a set that weighs that much, but I'm not sure I would even be able to lift my finger/hand! Is your tranny ring the one you are talking about that weighs 10 grams?

Yes. That ring is 10+ actually. It's a teeny tiny bit over 10, but not enough to round up! I often wear it with a 3 gram band, and that's a really lovely weight to me. Although I wish the band were heavier. Wink