What MM ring does your partner wear?
[-] The following 2 users Like ChristineRenee5's post:
  • KTrencha, lovedogs
11-19-2014, 01:33 AM,
What MM ring does your partner wear?
Without thinking I had originally had this thread subject as "What size is your partner?" .... talk about a loaded question, glad I caught it. Blush

Anyways, future DH and I won't have a chance to ring shop for him before he flies in for us to marry. I'm planning on buying Amazon cheapies in assorted sizes and returning the ones that don't fit but I'm having a difficult time deciding MM. He has long and slender fingers - 7.5 to 8.5 size wise I imagine - and is not a jewelery man so comfort is important. He can't wear his ring during work so that isn't an issue. I can already hear his complaints about his claustrophobic finger until he's adjusted. He has a terrible fear of not being able to get a ring off should something happen. Help?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-19-2014, 02:29 AM,
RE: What MM ring does your partner wear?
Hub originally started with one that was 5.5 or 6mm (size 8.5) and it felt too bulky for him, he's not into jewelry either. I then got him a 4mm and he liked it better... but I recently got him a 5mm and I think although he likes the 4mm comfort, he likes the look of the 5mm better so he got used to it.

BTW, I think paramedics have tools to cut off rings, though I know the tungsten rings can't be broken like gold and platinum, I think they have to be cracked?

[-]
  •
11-19-2014, 07:58 AM,
My husband has a finger size of 8-8.5 and wears a 7mm band. Anything wider than that is too big for him. He doesn't have really long fingers. He's worn 5.5 and 6mm bands as well.

Tungsten rings are shattered or cracked for removal.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-19-2014, 10:22 AM,
My DH has large hands, like 11.5 I think. And wears 8mm. That is a good size on him. I think if he wore smaller it would look silly.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-21-2014, 08:37 AM,
My husband has an amazon cheapie since he lost his original Sad. He wears a size 10.5 that's 8mm wide :
http://www.amazon.com/ENGRAVING-Titanium...inity+ring

I think the width looks good on him, he likes the design and the color and the price. I'm really happy with it too.

[-]
  •
11-21-2014, 08:07 PM,
Hubs wears a 8mm band he has 9.5 fingers. Lost his original band while playing tennis. Now he has a nice ceramic ring with wood inlay from Etsy. He likes it cause no one suspects it as a wedding band.

[-]
  •
11-27-2014, 07:03 AM,
Sad  RE: What MM ring does your partner wear?
Does he want to wear a wedding band. A lot of men would prefer not to. If he really isn't a jewellery person, I don't think I'd bother. My DH lost his years ago, because he was always taking it off

Blod