What are reasonable expectations?
[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM,
What are reasonable expectations?
I'm working with a well known vendor on a project. It feels like it's taking forever and that the lines of communication are one sided. If I email the vendor then I receive an email back, but it feels like I'm always the one initiating the communications. For example I emailed to inquire about the cost of a pair of fancy colored diamonds for this project. The vendor is waiting to hear back on the stone sizes, but it's been a week now. Do I email them again to see what's going on? I don't want to be annoying or a bother but frequent communication is very important to me. What do you ladies consider reasonable? BTW the vendor has had my stone/project since the middle of December but with the holidays that I know can slow things down.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-07-2013, 10:17 PM,
RE: What are reasonable expectations?
I have been waiting for my ring for a month. But I am patient and I know it is the holidays. I would rather have it done right than rushed. It seems communication is hit and miss. I email often though and do not feel bad or bothersome about it even though at first I did. Sometimes it takes a day or two but that is ok with me too and if over the weekend then it may be 3 or 4.

Not sure if that helped you.

[-]
  •
01-08-2013, 12:19 AM,
I agree with Idaho - my experience was very similar. If it's the same vendor, it will work out well in the end. Smile

[-]
  •
01-08-2013, 07:28 AM,
I agree with what the others are saying. You could always call too.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
01-08-2013, 11:03 AM,
I think these are different vendors... but, just keep at it Sparkly. You will get there in the end, and have a great new addition to your collection!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-09-2013, 07:30 AM,
I think its reasonable for your vendor to keep in touch. Even if its to say they haven't got the answer yet but they are chasing it up. I'm quite impatient when i'm waiting for a sparkly. I like to know whats going on Smile

[-]
  •
01-09-2013, 04:16 PM,
lol! I started having sparkly nightmares. Though I did check back and the stones should be arriving by the end of this week. I'm super excited! Big Grin Also thought that I would add so far communications occur about once per week with me initiating it. So it is not like I'm riding them everyday or being a constant bother. To me once a week emails stating progress etc from a vendor seem reasonable. Especially when you're waiting on stones and photos of the stones to move forward.

[-]
  •
01-15-2013, 10:55 AM,
I looked back on my initial transaction and email history this morning. My frustration is greatly increasing as my first transaction was on November 15th with emails initiated by me once every two weeks until after Christmas to which I have now initiated emails once per week. I don't understand if they are overloaded, forgetful or what is going on. The vendor, by the way, is JBEG. If anybody has experience or tips with them I would love to hear.

[-]
  •
01-15-2013, 11:32 AM,
I have never dealt with them, but I have heard from others this has happened to them too. Sad

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
01-15-2013, 11:44 AM,
Sorry I wasn't more help. I've only purchased finished pieces on their site and they were quick to respond on those, but I did ask them to help me find OECs for a 3-stone and they definitely dropped the ball on that. They seemed really excited to help me and then nothing. I emailed a month later asking about any luck finding good matching stones and no response.

I guess it's lucky that I'm easily distracted, but if I wasn't, I'd be pretty upset too. Have you tried calling?