What do you think?
[-]
  •
10-08-2012, 10:12 PM,
What do you think?
So I've been wanting a rose gold solitaire necklace - similar to the BGD style, but with a pinkish champagne diamond center. That's not happening any time soon so I decided to consider getting one made with a spinel center. I currently have two candidates, which do you prefer? (I normally wouldn't post something like this on BTD or PS for fear of someone else snatching - but I hope you guys won't!)

Length (MM) : 6.70
Width (MM) : 5.70
Depth (MM) : 3.90
Weight (CTS) : 1.110
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Length (MM) : 7.90
Width (MM) : 6.50
Depth (MM) : 4.00
Weight (CTS) : 1.490Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-08-2012, 10:24 PM,
RE: What do you think?
#2 for sure! They are both beautiful though.

[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 01:30 AM,
I like number 2 but it looks photoshopped to that color. probably not as lively in person. Can you PM the link to me? promise I won't buy it Smile

Number 1 has a window and I really don't like windows, although that one looks like it could close up.

[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 01:39 AM,
Aesthetically I respond more to stone #2, but who knows what it will be like in person.

Might be worth a try though Smile

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 05:35 AM,
I really like #2.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 06:08 AM,
Actually it may just be the lighting for #2 that makes me think it's photoshopped. Let us know what you decide!

[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 06:13 AM,
Does it impact anyone's decision to know that the first is nearly half the price of the second? I fear that the second will be too baby pink. And while I LOVE all ya'll s pink stuff, I'm more of a jewel stones, darker/stronger kinda lady. I like the first one because it looks more brownish/apricotish. However, I agree it has a big bowtie and that will be problematic - I would never wear it in a ring. I've found from this vendor that stones are often true to color but cut shallow - Hrm. This is a hard color spinel to find, I havn't found any other store selling a nice looking stone of this color.

[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 06:38 AM,
I am going to have a look around for you and report back!

[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 06:40 AM,
(10-09-2012, 06:13 AM)Turks Wrote: Does it impact anyone's decision to know that the first is nearly half the price of the second? I fear that the second will be too baby pink. And while I LOVE all ya'll s pink stuff, I'm more of a jewel stones, darker/stronger kinda lady. I like the first one because it looks more brownish/apricotish. However, I agree it has a big bowtie and that will be problematic - I would never wear it in a ring. I've found from this vendor that stones are often true to color but cut shallow - Hrm. This is a hard color spinel to find, I havn't found any other store selling a nice looking stone of this color.

To me, the first one is not worth it, I think it's potentially a bit dull, has a window, but if you like it and it's cheap, why not buy it and have a look?

[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 06:42 AM,
Do you want that tone or are you open to something like this for example?

http://www.ajsgem.com/gemstones/spinel/s...ats.html-1