What do you think about this?
[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 07:50 PM,
What do you think about this?
So, Michele's swoonworthy OEC solitaire made me change my mind about a 3-stone for an ering, and so I am going to get a 9mm. Beth suggested a 10mm, but I'm a size 4, so a little hesitant to do that. Anyway, what do you all think about this? And, how would you change it if you could? Or would you? How do you think it will look with a 9 mm FB OEC? Oh, and would you go 10 MM?

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 07:55 PM,
RE: What do you think about this?
That is GORGEOUS!!

I cannot imagine a 10mm on a size 4 finger,..but thats just me. You need to do what you are comfortable with!!

I am a size 6 and a 1.5 carat is my sweet spot to still look huge but believable.

I sure do love that ring though!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 07:59 PM,
Thank you. LOL...I'm having a hard time imagining even a 9 mm, but I don't think I'll be happy with smaller. You make a good point though...hmmm, I'll need to talk to Beth about it some more.

[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 08:03 PM,
That is very pretty!

But having had my first wedding ring with several marquise two prong side stones I will never do it again. I lost two different ones in the first two years, if you are someone who puts your hands in your pockets or digs in your purse, you will lose them. I lost another a year ago AFTER having the setting made into a pendant. I will never get rid of my original ring (now pendant) but it was not a good choice with that type of marquise setting for me.

[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 08:06 PM,
Oh man, I'm sorry that happened, Idaho. Good to know though. So how about making the petals/leaves in metal with thin milgraining and some of the oec melee in them rather than actual marquise stones?

[-] The following 1 user Likes corbet's post:
  • Dragonfly
04-01-2013, 08:11 PM,
OMG that is beautiful!!! Love the idea of the OEC. Can't wait to see what you decide!!(I know I am not much help) I look to the sparkle mavens for ideas lol but it is stunning!

We never really grow up.. We just learn how to act in public
[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 08:13 PM,
What if the marquise leaves where in thin milgrain bezels??

[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 08:16 PM,
I like the idea of melee petals with milgrain much better.

and yes, I agree... 10mm with the side details on a size 4 might be a bit much for your hand. But I don't know.. it's really a personal thing. 9mm is my maximum for a round stone and that's a solitaire on my size 5.5.

I just feel like some of the details you like in the ring will get lost on your hand if you go for 10mm. kwim?

[-]
  •
04-01-2013, 10:00 PM,
The OECs face up small imo. Do you want 10mm? I am not sure. It depends if you like big stones and what look you like. Do you have a pic of finger coverage that you like?

I would drop the outer marquise down a bit and bring them in...or just use proportionally smaller marquise stones. It is quite wide looking near the basket.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
04-02-2013, 05:56 AM,
That is beautiful. I like both ideas for the sides. As for the center stone, I would be torn as well. I personally go bigger because I wear a 7.5 and usually have rings made in an 8 because I like them loose.
Here is KJMM's 10mm OEC she sold, she is a size 3.75. That might give you an idea of finger coverage.

http://diamondbistro.com/category/218/Mo...taire.html